Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2021-11-04, 22:25)WeirdH Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-10-30, 20:07)retroultra Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I've read a lot now that other third party app "support" surround sound but I just found out it seems that youtube still doesn't support surround sound at all. I was not expecting this...
So my request can then be ignored.
I use Kodi on a decade old htpc with Win7 and that plays 5.1 test/demo videos from youtube fine with all channels. Maybe it's a system limitation on the Pi or libreelec?

Two such videos in case you still want to test:
- DTS test
- Dolby demo

My audio settings:

On-screen system info during the second video, showing six channels being recognized:

I just tested the Dolby demo you linked and it worked  Smile . So apparently I just took the wrong test videos.
Thanks a lot.
(2021-11-05, 14:17)boblo Wrote: [ -> ]...

Hello,
I have had this problem too, some time ago. I was able to solve it by deleting all channells which were missing and afterwords I subscribed to them again on youtube. And all of them were shown again in the youtube app.
I hope I could help.
Why are you guys using all these features of the plugin in the first place?

I just use the plugin so that I can select the video in the Youtube app on my phone/tablet and then send it via Yatse to the big screen. Much more comfortable and quicker.
Do you have remote controller for Kodi? Try it, you will find the answer Smile

It's much more comfortable (and quicker) to use real remote controller then mobile phone with Yatse.
(2021-11-06, 17:06)K0D10815 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-11-05, 14:17)boblo Wrote: [ -> ]...

Hello,
I have had this problem too, some time ago. I was able to solve it by deleting all channells which were missing and afterwords I subscribed to them again on youtube. And all of them were shown again in the youtube app.
I hope I could help.
It works if I remove all my subscriptions with the YouTube app and then I add them again with the addon, but it doesn't work if I add them with the YouTube app. In my case, I'm using SmartTube Next on my Shield TV as the YouTube app. Thanks anyway.

@anxdpanic: Please take note of this bug if not submitted yet (it's not exactly the same bug I linked before). If a full debug log is needed, please let me know.
Thanks for your support
(2021-11-06, 21:34)blueribb Wrote: [ -> ]Does YouTube Support 5.1 or 7.1 Surround Sound ?
Interesting. But looking at the video stats here:

it does say 'channels - FL, FR, FC, LFE, BL, BR'. Are those not dedicated channels? Or is this the ambisonic format he is talking about? I don't think there is any upconverting going on in the AVR, because it says 'multi in'. It's not a pure DTS signal that gets passed through, though, so maybe that's what adds to my confusion.
Here's a new 1 as of today
"Failed to get player response for video"
Anyone have any clue what's up?
(2021-11-10, 22:34)djgrind Wrote: [ -> ]Here's a new 1 as of today
"Failed to get player response for video"
Anyone have any clue what's up?

UPDATE - Hey guys, just came back to say a few sign in/outs and a default reset + cache clean did the trick for me.
I'm getting buffering/playback hangs all the time, but that's not my internet speed issue. So I guess Google started to limit bandwidth for users using this api.

Any thoughts? Of course, official YouTube app on Android has no issues + tons of ads
(2021-11-13, 10:22)giaur Wrote: [ -> ]I'm getting buffering/playback hangs all the time, but that's not my internet speed issue. So I guess Google started to limit bandwidth for users using this api.

Any thoughts? Of course, official YouTube app on Android has no issues + tons of ads
What exact version of the YouTube Add-on are you using ?
(2021-11-13, 14:28)blueribb Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-11-13, 10:22)giaur Wrote: [ -> ]I'm getting buffering/playback hangs all the time, but that's not my internet speed issue. So I guess Google started to limit bandwidth for users using this api.

6.8.18+matrix.1
Started experiencing the buffering issue today as well. It happens on most videos.

6.8.18.alpha6
(2021-11-13, 19:30)giaur Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-11-13, 14:28)blueribb Wrote: [ -> ]

6.8.18+matrix.1
Did you sign out and back in again using 2 new codes ?
Had to reset my firetv box, so re-installing add-ons fresh. Can't get youtube to work because it refuses to save my keys. Is there a hidden setting somewhere or something I have to do to get the addon to sake the google api keys??