Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: KODI doesn't read any video from my LAN (MacOS)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi every one !
I'm new here, I hope im posting in the right section Smile

Equipment
- Android TV (9.0 Pie)
- MacMini (late 2012)
- Everything is linked with RJ45 cable (1Gb/s network)

Problem :
I've just started to use KODI and I'd like to play videos from my HDD (which is plugged in my MacMini USB port). I opened a LAN through SMB (SAMBA ?) and it seems to work fine since I'm able to find it on KODI when I try to configure my library.
KODI shows me all my folders and files (series and / or videos), avi files, mkv files... And the metadata searching seems also to work fine.

>>> The problem is when I try to play a video, nothing happen... There is an charging icon running for a while and then nothing... 

Verifications :
- I tried light video, heavy video, H264, H265... It's the same each time. 
- I also verified the HDD permissions and all folder, subfolder, files and the HDD itself are rwxrwxrwx so all seem to be well configured. 
- It works when I put the HDD directly in the TV USB port.

Does anyone have some advice for this problem ? I've searched a lot on Google but I didn't find the answer...
It's the first time I try to create a LAN, so I'm not use to all the terms and habits. Maybe I'm skipping something important...

Thanks a lot !
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Hi sorry !

Here it is : http://paste.kodi.tv/ofijixisar

Thank you !
Sorry for the double post (I didn't find the edit button). 

There are some " unix_err:'36' " errors, I don't now what it is but it doesn't seem to be the problem.
Later, the problem occurs at 18h38 " Read - Error( -1, 53, Software caused connection abort ) " it's exactly when I clic on the video...

For information, I ran KODI on AndroidTV AND macOS Catalina, there is the same problem on both. So, as I couldn't find how to extract the log file in my TV, I shared you the log file from my computer.
Ares wizard is a banned addon (wiki) around here, per our forum rules (wiki). Please remove it for further assistance here.

Code:
2020-09-08 18:32:43.035 T:4504649152  NOTICE: ADDON: script.areswizard v0.0.69 installed

It sounds like your SMB isn't set up right though. Can you access it outside of Kodi?
Sorry for that, it is remove. 

I'm not surprised if my SMB isn't set up right, it's the first time I'm using it. But on MacOS, the procedure is really simple >>> right clic on folder / "share folder" / in settings parameters, sharing, clic on option then "share files through SMB"... I didn't do more.

Also, I've just checked on an external MacBook Pro (not mine). It detects the network, folders and files etc... And it can read the videos properly.

Here is the log file without Ares Wizard : http://paste.kodi.tv/panibemeji
https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/ma...h17131/mac

Particularly look at advanced file sharing section if your trying to do guest (unauthenticated access)
Thanks for the advice but I already try this one...
Nothing change, if I use "only encrypted connexion through SMB" I can't go into my folder on KODI. Notice also that the advance options are not available for external storage (and it's what I want to do at final even if I try to share a local folder for now).

I think there is a problem with the way macOS handles the SMB protocol, and KODI doesn't like it... I thought I understand that Apple doesn't work really well with KODI (I had a problem with a zip file created under macOS >>> KODI couldn't deals with it while it's just a zip file...)