Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Smart List not Working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a video node on the main menu Called Comics. Content is set to TV Shows with Local Info (as all comics have .nfo files)
Problem is they are showing up in my TV SHOWS. I created a smart playlist for Tv Shows with the rule "Path contains TV SHOWS" and "Path does not contain COMICS"but they are still showing .
This has just happened as they was not always there.
(2020-09-12, 10:58)aceuk Wrote: [ -> ]This has just happened as they was not always there.
So it was working, then suddenly stopped working? Can you remember any changes you made? I assume you have not swapped skins.

Post a screenshot of the smart playlist edit screen.
(2020-09-12, 11:42)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-09-12, 10:58)aceuk Wrote: [ -> ]This has just happened as they was not always there.
So it was working, then suddenly stopped working? Can you remember any changes you made? I assume you have not swapped skins.

I have skin Aeon MQ8 in  customize main menu I cloned a sub-menu from TV Shows  this is when I noticed the problem. I removed the sub-menu but they still so in TV Shows.

Here is the screen shot

Path for TV Shows - C:\My Videos\TV

Path for Comics - C:\Users\Aceuk\Pictures\COMICS
(2020-09-12, 13:59)aceuk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-09-12, 11:42)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]

I have skin Aeon MQ8 in  customize main menu I cloned a sub-menu from TV Shows  this is when I noticed the problem. I removed the sub-menu but they still so in TV Shows.

Here is the screen shot

So on your skin, did you use customize main menu and set the "TV SHOW" menu action to the video playlist "TV SHOWS SL"?

scott s.
(2020-09-12, 19:31)scott967 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-09-12, 13:59)aceuk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-09-12, 11:42)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]So it was working, then suddenly stopped working? Can you remember any changes you made? I assume you have not swapped skins.

Here is the screen shot

So on your skin, did you use customize main menu and set the "TV SHOW" menu action to the video playlist "TV SHOWS SL"?

scott s.
Sorry I don't quiet follow what you mean.

in Movies sub-menu  you can select smart playlist and I created it from there.
How should I of done it
So I removed the Comics source and cleaned the library, this cleared the problem of them showing up in TV Shows.
I then added the comics again from my back up drive and everything was ok. I then remembered that the comic images would not display as the path had changed that was on the .nfo file.
So I edit the source back to the original path and I now have comics showing up in the TV Shows again.
There must be some info somewhere that has stored the original path , any ideas how to clear it.
In Aeon MQ, you can edit any of the default menu or submenu items, or add new submenu items.  It isn't clear to me if you have edited the default "TV SHOW" menu item.  The default "TV SHOW" menu should show all library tv shows (sources with content type set to tv show).

scott s.
(2020-09-14, 05:14)scott967 Wrote: [ -> ]In Aeon MQ, you can edit any of the default menu or submenu items, or add new submenu items.  It isn't clear to me if you have edited the default "TV SHOW" menu item.  The default "TV SHOW" menu should show all library tv shows (sources with content type set to tv show).

scott s.

Scott I did not edit the TV SHOW main menu. As I said all was ok until I cloned a sub-menu from TV Shows.