Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Make any song/album in which an artist took part appears on its entry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wonder if it's possible like it was on Jarvis.

See how Sia's entry on Jarvis shows not only her own albums but her any other songs/albums in which she participates as featured artist.
Sure.  Go to Settings->Media->Music and then turn ON Show song and album artists.

With the setting disabled -

With the setting enabled

Note that enabling the setting will make the artist list much longer.
(2020-09-15, 08:22)black_eagle Wrote: [ -> ]Note that enabling the setting will make the artist list much longer.
That's the point. If I turn on that option on Leia, it will make an entry for every artist which participates on only 1 song or so.
On Jarvis I kept that option turned off and it still showing other songs/albums in which an artist participates on it's own entry, without that side effect. A much better behavior in my opinion.
That was changed as a lot of people complained about the previous behaviour.
I can't understand the reason for complain but can Leia behave like Jarvis through some advanced settings?
(2020-09-15, 14:33)onewaytrigger Wrote: [ -> ]I can't understand the reason for complain but can Leia behave like Jarvis through some advanced settings?

Not that I know of no. Sorry.
(2020-09-15, 14:33)onewaytrigger Wrote: [ -> ]I can't understand the reason for complain but can Leia behave like Jarvis through some advanced settings?

Because people wanted to only see only the albums where they were the primary artist and had no interest in seeing anything that they might have a feature credit for.
(2020-09-19, 13:20)namarang Wrote: [ -> ]People tend to follow their favorite artists, and I can not understand this behavior

Well, I have all the Now! That's what I call music series which is 106 albums, most of which are twin discs.  If Kodi displayed all the albums that an artist appears on (without showing all the credited artists in the artist list) then my stuff would be cluttered up with entries from those (and lots of other compilation) albums that I have.  I really don't want that.  I just want to see albums by that particular artist.  If I want the other stuff, I'll either create a smart playlist to show it for that particular artist or change the setting. 

I certainly do follow my favourite artists and generally own all their albums.  The odd track here and there on some compilation doesn't really interest me as I'll more than likely have it on an album by the artist anyway.  For albums that are collaborations, such as 'Riding with the King', it appears under both of the artists (Eric Clapton & B.B. King) so there is no problem there either.