Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Feature Request: Tag Cleaning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
TinyMediaManager is my Bread & Butter tool for my big collection. I absolut love it.
But there are features i need and i think would make TinyMediaManager even more perfect.

Tag Cleaning:
1. copy tag from other movie
When i have a newer/other Version of a movie i always have to write down tags from old version or make screenshots and than add tags to the newer version manually. Thats doable, but kinda annoying. Would be great to have option: Copy all tags from other movie.

2. tag cleaning/scraping
2.1. reroute tags while scraping:
There are tons of tags on imdb which are basicly the same thing. Would be great to can manage tags and tell TinyMediaManager what he has to write when find tag while scanning.

2.2. scrape only whitelist tags
To have tagged your movies correct you have to scrape all imdb tags. And this are tons. My movies have now combined like 40000 keywords while i use only like 50-100 for smartplaylists or Nodes. But to get for example Blockbuster scraped to all blockbuster movies i have to scrap all imdb tags. would be nice to tell TinyMediaManager what Tags i want/need and to ignore all others.

2.3. scrape playlists to tags (IMDB, trakt playlists ->)
I use tags like "Oscar Winner" or "1001" for the List: "1001 Movies to see until i die" - there is an addon in kodi (Tag generator) which dont work anymore but does this. Would be great to can add Playlists from different sources( like trakt.tv or IMDB) and tell TMM to write tag for it.

Thank you
2.3 that would be a perfect addition for me.
2.3 would be great to everyone but I think it's not planned yet by TMM team and they not given any response to this request
1. easily do-able with minimal work: just copy the NFO from the old version of the movie to the new one and re-read NFO for the new movie. Since that is basically the same movie, you can just copy over the data - you may just have to adopt the edition of the movie..

2.1/2.2 for this you would need to build a (very big) lookup map - while this could be _possible_ I do not understand the idea behind that? If there are so much useless tags at IMDB, why do you even get them? why don't get the tags from TMDB?

2.3 there is another request for playlists from trakt, but I haven't managed to have a look at this, so I basically have no clue yet what you want Wink I do not knot the tag generator nor the trakt playlists.. this needs some research here which has a rather low priority at the moment (we need to stabilize v4 now)
(2020-10-31, 09:10)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]1. easily do-able with minimal work: just copy the NFO from the old version of the movie to the new one and re-read NFO for the new movie. Since that is basically the same movie, you can just copy over the data - you may just have to adopt the edition of the movie..

2.1/2.2 for this you would need to build a (very big) lookup map - while this could be _possible_ I do not understand the idea behind that? If there are so much useless tags at IMDB, why do you even get them? why don't get the tags from TMDB?

2.3 there is another request for playlists from trakt, but I haven't managed to have a look at this, so I basically have no clue yet what you want Wink I do not knot the tag generator nor the trakt playlists.. this needs some research here which has a rather low priority at the moment (we need to stabilize v4 now)
2.2 i found a solution that works great: the app TextCrawler Pro

you wrote: why don't get the tags from TMDB?
TMDB tags are very limited - they have only like 10-20 tags per movie and missing a lot
IMDB tags have everything but mixed with junk
alone the tags: Blockbuster, Independent Movie, B-Movie, Grindhouse are not available on TMDB and when i want them for all my movies than i have to scrape all the junk from IMDB too
the problem is when you scrape all IMDB tags for like 3000 movies than tinymediamanager gets very slow and in KODI its not possible to open tags at all - tags are useable in playlists or nodes, but you can't open the complete tag list anymore. My Movies have combined more than 80000 keywords when i scrape all from IMDB

anyway, i worked out a solution with textcrawler pro for this issue and it works great

for 2.3 i looked by myself a bit ... best would be to use imdb playlists.
All imdb playlists can be exported as csv file. i just copy pasted the imdbIDs into a text file and gave the text file the name for the tag i want: like 1001.txt

my plan was:  learn python and than check all nfo files. when same imdb id as in txt file than just write the filename -.txt as a tag

did sound perfect for me, but im no coder and fail at learning this^^
Please, if you get python code to do so, I really would appreciate if you can share it.
Thanks in advanced.