Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to disable subtitles contour ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone

I tried to use kodi a year ago, but the subtitle font used for srt was just not acceptable for projection on large screen (talking about the black border on each letter). Made a few workmates laugh at the time because they went to emby for the same reason ... thats how i discovered emby but that s not the subject ...

I tried again to install kodi and decided to invest a little time to try to find a solution.
The only thing i want to do is to remove the super ugly black contour on subtitle fonts, or just have a font without that black border or at least a tiny one like on netflix and so on. It looks ok on a TV size, not ok on large screen projection lol very not ok it reminds me of old DVD in the end of the 90's

So far my understanding is it is not possible. But i didnt installed any plugin though, perhaps a plugin would allow a better management of subtitles "look" when they are read from a text file (.srt) ?

is there any solution to this or i just go back to emby ?

Many thanks in advance