Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video Audio Stutters When Playing In Background while I Browse Through Kodi Files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kodi 18.8  - Clean Install
Windows 8.1 x64
Intel Pentium CPU G4600 @ 3.60GHz Kaby Lake
Intel HD Graphics 630 iGPU / Direct3D 11.1 / Driver:Intel  21.20.16.4508
1 x Crucial 16GB DDR4-2400
ASUS Xonar DGX PCIe Sound Card
OS Drive: M.2. NVMe PCIe 120GB
Storage Drive: WD SATA3 WD-WX31DC45TUSY

When I'm playing a video - music / film and the video is full screen the audio is perfect.
However, if I use the back button, to browse through other files, now that Kodi is on the screen and the video is in the background,
the audio stutters every 10 seconds or so.

This did not happen in Kodi 17.6.
This also happens on my laptop - Same Kodi 18.8 and Windows 8.1 x64 / Conexant On board Audio / 16GB RAM / Intel 4000 iGUP + AMD Radeon 7730M)

Link to Sound Cloud of a quick recording.

Log

Thanks
Can see what's happening on Audacity

Kodi is not a video editor, and using the onscreen media keys to fly around is going to play havoc with the presently playing cache, best to engage a mouse and point to the play bar for movement. Likely there is not enough horse power to throw out the video cache of the present playing video, to re-load backwards frame by frame. Everything works fine on the laptop other than this issue? Looking with this issue in mind.
(2020-09-18, 17:42)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]Kodi is not a video editor, and using the onscreen media keys to fly around is going to play havoc with the presently playing cache, best to engage a mouse and point to the play bar for movement. Likely there is not enough horse power to throw out the video cache of the present playing video, to re-load backwards frame by frame. Everything works fine on the laptop other than this issue? Looking with this issue in mind.

I don't know if you understood my OP.

When I'm playing a video, I click on the back button on the r/c and go to search for another file to play.
However, as noted in the OP, after about 15 seconds the audio for the video that is playing starts to stutter ever 10 seconds or so.

I did not have this problem in 17.6. ( which I note is x86, while 18.8 is x64).

Same problem with the audio on the laptop. (But the videos play fine on the laptop).