Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Refreshing Video Library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way I can refresh my Video (Movie and TV Shows) library (after updating genres, outlines, actors etc.,)  without having to remove the respective source, and reloading from scratch ?
(2020-09-20, 06:00)Ozpeg Wrote: [ -> ]without having to remove the respective source, and reloading from scratch ?

Only by refreshing each movie and TV show separately, which is nice when you have a full weekend without anything else planned.

When do you have updated genres, outlines, actors etc., why is there a need to refresh?
(2020-09-20, 06:09)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-09-20, 06:00)Ozpeg Wrote: [ -> ]without having to remove the respective source, and reloading from scratch ?

Only by refreshing each movie and TV show separately, which is nice when you have a full weekend without anything else planned.

When do you have updated genres, outlines, actors etc., why is there a need to refresh?
Unfortunately I am very/extremely OCD regarding my collection - fixing grammar or typos, fixing genres for movie collections so the movies have the same genres - to do this I use Media Companion, to update the NFOs.

It would be good to have a bulk refresh option so Kodi reads the NFO and update the movie/s settings where appropriate
(2020-09-20, 06:33)Ozpeg Wrote: [ -> ]It would be good to have a bulk refresh option so Kodi reads the NFO and update the movie/s settings where appropriate

There are the nfo files by Media Companion, and there are the nfo files created/exported by Kodi. You could update all Media Companion nfo files, and once they are 'complete', and then do a full rescrape of your media collection in Kodi using "Local information" only.

Once all info is updated in Kodi itself (in the video database), manually or otherwise, a Video Library Export would then update all nfo files with that current info. So you would have an up-to-date "backup" of all your metadata, including watched/resume states (when enabled).

To get all your metadata in tip-top shape, you may have to go back and forth refreshing the movies/tvshows as well as manually updating the nfo files. Nothing is perfect in one go. After that, just add/update any new videos separately/manually.