Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: screenshot problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

i am using 18.8, recently i found KODI trying to create many on screenshotXXX.png in my media library folder. and most of the time it is 0kb. sometime it is showing KODI screen.

is there any way to prevent this? i might have accidently binded the screenshot key i dont know where to check it. help please.
ctrl-s is the screenshot shortcut.

Keyboard_controls (wiki)
(2020-09-21, 06:32)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]ctrl-s is the screenshot shortcut.

Keyboard_controls (wiki)
Thanks for the info, i knew it is ctrl-s.

but i dont know how it was triggered, why it taking screenshot while i am very sure i am not pressing Ctrl-S? look at the timing of the file created, some are 12.33am, which i am 100% sure all of us are already in bed and no body is watching movie at that time. i dont understand what had make KODI start taking screenshot without our activity (dont tell me my KODI is haunted!)?

is there anyway to check or to prevent it? or easier just disable the screenshot function? this had been driving me crazy for the past few weeks.

(my KODI is installed on my HTPC, the HTPC Windows 10 is running 24/7 as a VM from Proxmox, i dont have other none related software installed in this HTPC after all it is just serving as HTPC, i dont have this problem before until few weeks ago).
A strange problem. Screenshot cannot be disabled as it is built into the core. Something is triggering it. Maybe a Debug Log which captures the problem might reveal something.

If it happens at night, enable debug mode, restart Kodi and let it sit there overnight. Then if a screenshot was taken, provide the time of the screenshot and we will search the log, or you can search the log for what is happening at that exact time.