Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: One Kodi - two Enigma2 boxes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kodi and the Enigma VU+ addon is my favourite means of setting and managing my zgemma h2s box recordings from my Linux laptop. I have now bought a second box and was hoping to manage both boxes via Kodi but maybe it is not possible to have more than one PVR box available at a time. I can manage with OpenWebif or from the box itself but it would be nice if I could choose boxes from the Kodi PVR plugin. Running Kodi v18.8
For what purpose would you want to access two STBs?

The PVR addon is bound to a single backend.
(2020-09-22, 15:19)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]For what purpose would you want to access two STBs?

The PVR addon is bound to a single backend.
Most of my Internet time is spent on my Linux laptop where I use Kodi to set up and manage my recordings on my h2s STB. I also scrape recordings into my laptop Kodi Library. I had a humax box which has failed twice within a year so I decided to replace it with an h9twin. I have been looking forward to having the better LAN access and flexibility with my Humax replacement.
If multiple backends were supported you would just end up with every channel listed twice. I’m not sure you would want that.

And supporting multiple backends would be a huge task.

So if you can detail your use case maybe there is a better way to solve your problem.
If the multiple instance feature of Matrix ever allows it I would move Radio (internet) and Recordings (via export/import) to my always-on NAS.  My PC with multiple PCI tuners and USB devices still could be turned on with WOL for recording, live tv and comskip  but it would be off much more during the day.  I prefer PVR for multi device over MySQL.

Martin
(2020-09-22, 22:59)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]If multiple backends were supported you would just end up with every channel listed twice. I’m not sure you would want that.

And supporting multiple backends would be a huge task.

So if you can detail your use case maybe there is a better way to solve your problem.
Thanks for your interest plunkyfish. I was not really thinking of managing 2 backends at the same time. I was thinking more of a selection and changeover function - basically to choose between different IP addresses. With a multi STB option set up, a menu (with a default and timeout delay like grub) could be offered at PVR startup. I would also need an easy method to restart PVR for a changeover.
Why not just manually change the IP each time? I’d say that would work as it would trigger a restart of PVR
(2020-09-23, 23:42)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Why not just manually change the IP each time? I’d say that would work as it would trigger a restart of PVR
Yes that does change over OK and restarts ok - thanks
The issue on Matrix with changing the IP is it loads the default channels, and then it deletes the channels  (@ksooo delete  is still very slow) and then Kodi read the channels.

Martin
On my device which is only approx 150 channels it does not take long.
I use my Favourites (TV) which only has 20 channels so does not take long.
I am thinking of having a desktop launcher and a script to toggle the PVR settings file. I would then only need a PVR restart.
(2020-09-24, 20:15)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]On my device which is only approx 150 channels it does not take long.
Mine is about  2 channels a second for 3 days https://paste.kodi.tv/xedociyazi.kodi.  I guess will create an issue if that wasn't expected.

Martin
Whoa, definitely not @emveepee.