Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MythTV add-on only displays 15 recorded programs.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hell-o all.  I have been using Kodi as a frontend for MythTV for about 6 months.  I have to say it is the best one I have found as far as functionality and flexibility is concerned and I love it. There is a weekly show that I started recorded a few months back and I want to keep all of them in my library.  Now that I have gotten to 15 shows recorded I have noticed that is all that is being displayed under Recorded shows.  If I record something else the oldest recording will drop off the list, but if I watch the latest recording and then delete it the oldest prior recording that had dropped off the list shows back up.  I see in MythTV that the recordings are still there, but they are not displayed so I can access them if I, for example, wanted to binge watch the library of recordings I have created.  Is there a way to configure the max number of recordings that are displayed or just display them all without having to set a max number?   As an addendum I am running Kodi on a Windows 10 PC and also on my Sony Bravia Android TV and the behavior is identical.  I am also running the latest version.   Thanks.
Bizarre ... there is no "max recording count" to display. You should see all !!!
(2020-09-23, 23:18)rocknrobin72 Wrote: [ -> ]Hell-o all.  I have been using Kodi as a frontend for MythTV for about 6 months.  I have to say it is the best one I have found as far as functionality and flexibility is concerned and I love it. There is a weekly show that I started recorded a few months back and I want to keep all of them in my library.  Now that I have gotten to 15 shows recorded I have noticed that is all that is being displayed under Recorded shows.  If I record something else the oldest recording will drop off the list, but if I watch the latest recording and then delete it the oldest prior recording that had dropped off the list shows back up.  I see in MythTV that the recordings are still there, but they are not displayed so I can access them if I, for example, wanted to binge watch the library of recordings I have created.  Is there a way to configure the max number of recordings that are displayed or just display them all without having to set a max number?   As an addendum I am running Kodi on a Windows 10 PC and also on my Sony Bravia Android TV and the behavior is identical.  I am also running the latest version.   Thanks.
If the behaviour is the same on multiple kodi boxes, I suspect the mythtv backend is limiting the number of recordings provided in the request.

I don't know if myth.pvr uses this API or not:

1) Open any WWW browser and goto:     http://x.x.x.x:6544/Dvr/GetRecordedList  where x.x.x.x is the IP address of the mythbackend.  

You should see XML of all your programs ordered by oldest first.  Do you see everything?  Is the list limited to 15?  If the list is limited there may be a 'setting' in mythconverg database limiting the number of programs provided.  I see all of my recordings starting in 2019 up to today.

2) The API call can be limited and sorting changed with:           http://x.x.x.x:6544/Dvr/GetRecordedList?...nding=true     Here I requested the most recent 15 recordings.

If you know how to use 'tcpdump' or 'wireshark' you might 'sniff' out what the kodi box is asking mytthv for and what mytthv is responding with to zero in on the setting that is limiting you.  I do see all recordings in my kodi frontend.
Thanks for all the responses.  I apologize for taking so long to reply.  In response to the replies I have received:

"If the behaviour is the same on multiple kodi boxes, I suspect the mythtv backend is limiting the number of recordings provided in the request."
I am running Kodi on my Android TV and on my Windows 10 PC and the behavior is the same on both ...only 15 recordings show up under recent recordings.  I am running MythTV Version : v31.0-71-g0add177794 MythTV Branch : fixes/31 and when I run the mythfrontend from my local linux Slackware distribution it shows all the recordings I have saved since I first started running mythTV in April of last year.  I do not however watch my recordings from my local Slackware box but from the aforementioned Android Sony Bravia TV and my windows 10 PC.  I have checked the mythtv-setup utility, which sets up the mythbackend, but there are no settings there that would limit the number of recordings displayed in a third party front end.   

"I don't know if myth.pvr uses this API or not:

1) Open any WWW browser and goto:     http://x.x.x.x:6544/Dvr/GetRecordedList  where x.x.x.x is the IP address of the mythbackend.  

You should see XML of all your programs ordered by oldest first.  Do you see everything?  Is the list limited to 15?  If the list is limited there may be a 'setting' in mythconverg database limiting the number of programs provided.  I see all of my recordings starting in 2019 up to today."
I am able to run the http://x.x.x.x:6544/Dvr/GetRecordedList URL in my browser and all the recordings show up that have not been deleted (where I delete watched shows in Kodi) dating back to when I first started running MythTV.  

I could go so far as to run a tcpdump from my linux box or wiresharkk from my PC, but it seems strange that the mythtv-frontend on my Slackware box would display all the recordings, but yet Kodi wouldn't.

Does anybody have any further suggestions?  I will post a discussion on the mythtv forum to see if they have any ideas, but I have not had any luck finding a solution here.

Thanks.
(2021-04-18, 01:15)rocknrobin72 Wrote: [ -> ]recent recordings

That's why. The "recent recordings" section only shows the 15 most recent recordings. For the default Estuary skin, arrow up to "Categories" in the TV section. Arrow over to "Recordings". You should see all of them there.
Thanks yasij  When I looked in Categories-->Recordings I did find how to get to all of the recordings for which I was searching.  Each particular show has its own folder and when drilling down to the folder I found the recordings I wanted.