Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi dont find usb drive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I use android tablet, and i want to add source on Kodi, but kodi dont find. I  go to file manager, add source, and cant find my usb drive.
Help?
Is any file manager in Android able to find your USB drive?
Yes, android automatically find my usb drive, but kodi not.
You might find it's been automatically mounted and is being seen as a fixed drive.

From the main top level menu, go to videos > files and see if you can see it there.
Cant find nothing, thats the problem.
It probably won't show up in the file manager as an "add source" as it's already automatically added. Hence why I asked to check under videos > files.

If it isn't showing up there, the next question is whether it actually shows up on Android itself? Can you use a file manager under Android (not in Kodi) to confirm it is seen and accessible properly there.

All this kind of stuff is handled by Android and not Kodi, so if there's an issue then it's normally in that OS level (often not enough power available from the device to properly run the USB device).
When i put usb drive i automatically get notification that usb i here. And i can find my usb drive with any file manager. But on Kodi, i dont find him.
Help?
Can you upload a screenshot of the videos > files screen to some suitable site (imgur or somesuch) and post a link to it here?
Tablet automatically finds my usb drive:
But Kodi no:
(disk is sd card, not usb drive)

?? Confused
It's certainly a strange one, as the screens you showed are where it should appear.

Can you confirm what format the USB drive is set up with (NTFS, FAT32 etc) and whether if you try a different drive (if you have one available) that one can be seen?

As noted before, normally this kind of thing is handled by the underlying OS (Android in this case) and it obviously is doing so at least to some degree as the drive is visible in your file manager app. So quite why Kodi can't see it is odd for me.

Also is it a thumb/stick drive or a full hard drive?

If the latter, is it self-powered or usb powered? The only other thing I can think of if it's a full hard drive that's USB powered is the device doesn't give enough current via the USB port to fully power the drive and make it accessible in all cases.
I try with 4 usb drives, from 8 to 32gb. Formats si exfat,fat32 and ntfs and kodi not find any of them.  Huh
Which version of Android is it?

Is there anything in there that would block Kodi having such access (privs or suchlike for the app, or a firewall, A/V, anti-malware or similar program)?

To be honest I'm starting to run out of ideas here. All I could think of would be to try an uninstall and reinstall, but that of course would be a last attempt as unless you backup and restore things then you'll loose your settings and library etc. If you do want to try that we can advise on how to do such a backup/restore...
I unistall and install and not work. I try on phone, also not work Sad.
? Angry
Pages: 1 2