Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

I'm pretty new to XBMC on Linux (Ubuntu) but I've used it for a couple years on the Xbox. Anyway I was able to install the Launcher but I am not able to actually launch any programs.

When I start it I get a dialog box that says something to the effect of Loading directory 0 Items then I immediately get a second dialog box that says Remote Share - Could not connect to network server.

Any ideas?

thanks
digitalhigh Wrote:Bummer dude...I thought you meant you wrote a script that operates in XBMC, not 'nix.
ha. perl is sooo beyond me. i have serious respect for leo Smile

digitalhigh Wrote:Looks like I've finally gotta get a copy of VS.net so I can convert this .sh into a working Win32 app. Wink
i didnt even know that was possible.

my office is on windows, so i use have to use it at work
otherwise i would have stoped completely 4 years ago
im interested to see what happens

BTW: Serenity looks cool.
ill pull it down after work today and let ya know what happens
thephantomlord Wrote:Hi All,

I'm pretty new to XBMC on Linux (Ubuntu) but I've used it for a couple years on the Xbox. Anyway I was able to install the Launcher but I am not able to actually launch any programs.

When I start it I get a dialog box that says something to the effect of Loading directory 0 Items then I immediately get a second directory that says Remote Share - Could not connect to network server.

Any ideas?

thanks
can you post the log file please?
Think i may know why emulators don't work for me, none of my XBMC machines seem able to go into windowed mode, i was just ganna map a button on the remote to switch to windowed mode before using an app but the toggle no longer works.

Could this be related?
Leo, thanks for the help. This is probably a really dumb question.. Where is the log file? As far as I can tell it should be here ~/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log but I am not getting a log there even when I enable debug logging, in fact the temp directory didn't even exist until I created it.

thanks
thephantomlord Wrote:Leo, thanks for the help. This is probably a really dumb question.. Where is the log file? As far as I can tell it should be here ~/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log but I am not getting a log there even when I enable debug logging, in fact the temp directory didn't even exist until I created it.

thanks
/var/tmp/mc-xbmc.log
Thanks Leo

Here it is:

http://pastebin.com/m3885b080
@leo -

How hard would it be for you to add a feature like the one found in Zosky's script?

I was mistaken, I found a program that converts .sh to .exe, but that particular flavor of SH was a video card programming deal, not the Linux scripting language.

It would be really cool to have a "scraper" that allows for downloading of games covers based on their name and system.

Another thought was to have some kind of feature that allows for downloading roms directly from romworld.com or similar sites. I'm not sure about the legality of this, however, so maybe allow for the functionality, but leave the sitename blank?

IDK...I'm just throwing out ideas. I'm not too versed in scripting, but I'd also be willing to help out if at all possible if you did want to do any of this.
thephantomlord Wrote:Thanks Leo

Here it is:

http://pastebin.com/m3885b080
weird, I don't see any error messages...
can you cause the error happen again and then send an updated log file?
Have now tried Launcher on 3 pcs and still won't work in full screen, below is the pastebin of the Debug log.

http://pastebin.com/me9c2205
Here's a new one:

http://pastebin.com/d4f85f23

Plus here are a couple screenshots.. Since VNC is so slow to update it's screen I was able to capture the first error too..

thanks
digitalhigh Wrote:@leo -

How hard would it be for you to add a feature like the one found in Zosky's script?

I was mistaken, I found a program that converts .sh to .exe, but that particular flavor of SH was a video card programming deal, not the Linux scripting language.

It would be really cool to have a "scraper" that allows for downloading of games covers based on their name and system.

Another thought was to have some kind of feature that allows for downloading roms directly from romworld.com or similar sites. I'm not sure about the legality of this, however, so maybe allow for the functionality, but leave the sitename blank?

IDK...I'm just throwing out ideas. I'm not too versed in scripting, but I'd also be willing to help out if at all possible if you did want to do any of this.
1. I'm working now on native scrapers support in for programs in the XBMC code.
I'm pretty close to finish it with a sample scraper from allgame.com.
after I'm done, there won't be any need in Launcher plugin.

2. about Zosky's script, that would be the next level, I guess.

3. about the downloading from romworld... that's need to be done in a separated plugin, like "XBMC-Addons Installer". I don't think I'll have time to implement something like that....
leo2 Wrote:1. I'm working now on native scrapers support in for programs in the XBMC code.
I'm pretty close to finish it with a sample scraper from allgame.com.
after I'm done, there won't be any need in Launcher plugin.

2. about Zosky's script, that would be the next level, I guess.

3. about the downloading from romworld... that's need to be done in a separated plugin, like "XBMC-Addons Installer". I don't think I'll have time to implement something like that....

1. Cool. Lemme know if you need somebody to test it out.

2. ?

3. Okay. I just thought it sounded like something that would work better from inside launcher, simply because it already has the emulator and the rompath stored...probably wouldn't be too hard to just grab the rompath from launcher's xml file...
Did that pastebin make any sense, i can't see any errors in there??
lestat1977uk Wrote:Have now tried Launcher on 3 pcs and still won't work in full screen, below is the pastebin of the Debug log.

http://pastebin.com/me9c2205

Are you running Vista on all 3 PC's? It's not the friendliest fix, but something tells me you'll have a lot more success if you just scrap that crappy OS and use XP. I run TinyXP, and have absolutely no problems regardless of the age of power of the machine...