Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry, the anser is no. you can't have subfolders in Launcher.
But we working now on native programs support in XBMC, and then you would be able to do that.
it would be great. thanks a lot for the answer
Is it possible to launch a specific item from the Launcher plugin via the keymap.xml file? For example, could I do this:

<keymap>
<Global>
<keyboard>
<G>XXX</G>
</keyboard>
</Global>
</keymap>

and replace XXX with a specific command that would launch one of my launcher items?

Thanks,
Harry
sure;

simplest way to see what you have to do is to add the thing in question as a favorite. then look at favourites.xml and copy to your keymapping.
Maybe someone can help me out with this one. I have tried to read the complete topic but still can't figure it out..

I'm using XBMClinux (minimal ubuntu 9.04)
Installed zsnes (apt-get install zsnes)

Zsnes is running fine if I start X first and then start zsnes in a terminal.

Please help me out how to configure the launcher. Got it working, but only one image per launcher. Am I using the right emulator? Is someone willing to make a small tutorial for a linux N008? Thanks in advance...
OK, finally got launcher working on Windows 7 RC
(Hint-don't put your emulators in the programs folders, and toggle wait state)

Only one thing left for a perfect set up:

Is there any way I can set a button on my remote to exit the emulators and return to XBMC. I have this remote, the Microsoft MCE remote without the 4 coloured buttons. I'd ideally like to map the back button to exit the emulators (using epsxe, dolphin, fusion, stella, nestopia, zsnes, and magic engine).

The only "alternative" I've found is using xpadder, but I can't figure out how to set it up to use multiple buttons to exit. I'm using this logitech dual action gamepad, and for psx games (for example), all the buttons are in use, so I can't really set just one button to use to exit the emulator.

If xpadder is my only option (ie-I can't map this to the remote back button), can someone tell me how to map it so that if all four shoulder buttons are pressed it exits the emulator?
TerranQ Wrote:OK, finally got launcher working on Windows 7 RC
(Hint-don't put your emulators in the programs folders, and toggle wait state)

Only one thing left for a perfect set up:

Is there any way I can set a button on my remote to exit the emulators and return to XBMC. I have this remote, the Microsoft MCE remote without the 4 coloured buttons. I'd ideally like to map the back button to exit the emulators (using epsxe, dolphin, fusion, stella, nestopia, zsnes, and magic engine).

The only "alternative" I've found is using xpadder, but I can't figure out how to set it up to use multiple buttons to exit. I'm using this logitech dual action gamepad, and for psx games (for example), all the buttons are in use, so I can't really set just one button to use to exit the emulator.

If xpadder is my only option (ie-I can't map this to the remote back button), can someone tell me how to map it so that if all four shoulder buttons are pressed it exits the emulator?

xpadder is not your only option. I have a button on my Harmony that I have as Return to XBMC. This is very easy to do with EventGhost. Just have any input event (either from xpadder, keybaord, joystick, IR) correspond to the following actions:

1. Find top window
2. Close window

Upon closing the emulator, the launcher plugin automatically re-focuses and maximizes XBMC.
rausch101 Wrote:xpadder is not your only option. I have a button on my Harmony that I have as Return to XBMC. This is very easy to do with EventGhost. Just have any input event (either from xpadder, keybaord, joystick, IR) correspond to the following actions:

1. Find top window
2. Close window

Upon closing the emulator, the launcher plugin automatically re-focuses and maximizes XBMC.

OK, I thought it must be possible. However, I'm using IRSS, not event ghost. Anyone have any ideas how to do it on there? I tried using the translator, put epsxe as the program, and assigned my back arrow to {ESC}, but it doesn't do anything. From what I understand, that should do exactly what I want.
Can someone help me please I'm a complete noob to this and having this problem:

Ive installed launcher 1.03 managed to install it all correctly and got to favourites on xbmc and click on launcher which then takes me to the launcher screen but there's no icons there to launch it just shows 0 items? I'm presuming this is something to do with launchers.xml? I'm using vista and have placed my launchers.xml in users/(user)/appdata/roaming/xbmc/user_data/programs/launcher/ presume that's right?

Please help I'm sure it's me being dumb!
willcmuk Wrote:Can someone help me please I'm a complete noob to this and having this problem:

Ive installed launcher 1.03 managed to install it all correctly and got to favourites on xbmc and click on launcher which then takes me to the launcher screen but there's no icons there to launch it just shows 0 items? I'm presuming this is something to do with launchers.xml? I'm using vista and have placed my launchers.xml in users/(user)/appdata/roaming/xbmc/user_data/programs/launcher/ presume that's right?

Please help I'm sure it's me being dumb!

You have to add whatever it is you want to launch. Right-click, add new launcher, select standalone executable or file launcher, then go through the set up procedure for that launcher.
I hate to bump, but...anyone have any ideas?
TerranQ Wrote:I hate to bump, but...anyone have any ideas?

I use intelliremote it cost but is worth it and you can test if it works using the trial version and it allows multiple key inputs at once using one button and best of all most programs are already supported with profiles so you dont have to map any yourself
TerranQ Wrote:The only "alternative" I've found is using xpadder, but I can't figure out how to set it up to use multiple buttons to exit. I'm using this logitech dual action gamepad, and for psx games (for example), all the buttons are in use, so I can't really set just one button to use to exit the emulator.

hi!

with xpadder you can multiply the functions, a single button can have, using "sets". all buttons can have seperate functions in every set. you can then use one button to cycle throu the sets, or you can configure a button to switch to a different set -while held-.

e.g. you could configure your "mode" button to "selects set 2 while held" (in the advanced config). the button then shows a small "2v" on the main screen. now you change to set 2 using the buttons at the bottom of the xpadder-main window. there you see a small "1v" at the mode-button. dont change that. now you can configure all your other buttons with additional functions, e.g. configure button 1 to exit the game/program. if you are done, switch bach to set 1 by pressing the according button at the bottom of the xpadder-main-window.

as a result, while you hold down "mode", all buttons are using their "secondary" functions you defined in set 2. if you release it, all buttons have their normal "set 1"-functions again. so, if you then hold down "mode" and press button 1, you can exit the game/program.
mandark Wrote:hi!

with xpadder you can multiply the functions, a single button can have, using "sets". all buttons can have seperate functions in every set. you can then use one button to cycle throu the sets, or you can configure a button to switch to a different set -while held-.

e.g. you could configure your "mode" button to "selects set 2 while held" (in the advanced config). the button then shows a small "2v" on the main screen. now you change to set 2 using the buttons at the bottom of the xpadder-main window. there you see a small "1v" at the mode-button. dont change that. now you can configure all your other buttons with additional functions, e.g. configure button 1 to exit the game/program. if you are done, switch bach to set 1 by pressing the according button at the bottom of the xpadder-main-window.

as a result, while you hold down "mode", all buttons are using their "secondary" functions you defined in set 2. if you release it, all buttons have their normal "set 1"-functions again. so, if you then hold down "mode" and press button 1, you can exit the game/program.

Thanks, I'll give that a try when I get home from work tonight.
Is there a reason why this plugin is not in the official SVN? Thanks.