Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Static Audio routing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I wanna try the following setup: Raspberry Pi4 with on top PiJuice in my car to use as an Audioplayer. The audio will go via USB to the AMP which has an internal USB DAC. The Pi will get a proper shutdown sequence from the PiJuice whenever the DC input of the PiJuice is switched off due to switch the car ignition off. This will give a delay of at least a couple of seconds. Since so the Amp get´s shut down before Kodi SW and the Pi are down I assume that the configured USB Audiooutput in Kodi will get lost and switch to whatever. When then the Car starts up and the Pi is triggered to boot up through PiJuice it will also take some time to boot and start Kodi.
How can I prevent that the Audiooutput configuration in Kodi to be switched to anything else instead of the USB DAC? I thought about copying the respective Setting.xml in which the USB DAC is already configured via script before starting Kodi, but this seems more like a dirty hack...

Any suggestions are very welcome

Thanks

L
(2020-10-01, 16:02)lotte67890 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I wanna try the following setup: Raspberry Pi4 with on top PiJuice in my car to use as an Audioplayer. The audio will go via USB to the AMP which has an internal USB DAC. The Pi will get a proper shutdown sequence from the PiJuice whenever the DC input of the PiJuice is switched off due to switch the car ignition off. This will give a delay of at least a couple of seconds. Since so the Amp get´s shut down before Kodi SW and the Pi are down I assume that the configured USB Audiooutput in Kodi will get lost and switch to whatever. When then the Car starts up and the Pi is triggered to boot up through PiJuice it will also take some time to boot and start Kodi.
How can I prevent that the Audiooutput configuration in Kodi to be switched to anything else instead of the USB DAC? I thought about copying the respective Setting.xml in which the USB DAC is already configured via script before starting Kodi, but this seems more like a dirty hack...

Any suggestions are very welcome

Thanks

L

Memo to myself, Kodi does not loose the Audio configuration.