Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi screen resolution locks to 1080x768 when HDMI is switched
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just installed the LE 9.2.5 hotfix on my RPI4 4GB system. It works fine on my 4K UHD TV except when it forgets it's resolution and locks in at what it thinks is it's maximum resolution of 1024x768.

The only changes I made to the default installation was I added to the /flash/config.txt:
hdmi_enable_4kp60=1

I have my RPI4 HDMI port connected to my 4K60 TV via a HDMI 2.0 5x1 switch. The TV is set to HDMI 2.0 mode. So after boot, Kodi is in 4KP60 mode and works fine. However, sometimes where you switch the TV away from RPI4 and later switch back it will not be at 4Kp60 mode but at 1024x768. The System settings at that point show that as the maximum resolution available. I have to reboot to fix it.

Are there any settings that will keep the Kodi/RPI4 in 4Kp60 when the HDMI switch is moved to a different input?

Rebooting is a problem if you are also running a PVR like TVH.  Is there a way to restart Kodi without restarting  TVH backend?
Kodi won't change resolution itself when switching AV input.
It may pick a different default resolution if it is rebooted without the correct EDID being available
(can happen when display is powered off, or switched to a different AV input, but this is display specific).

See: "TV is not detected unless powered on first"
https://kodi.wiki/view/Archive:Raspberry_Pi_FAQ
(2020-10-03, 15:09)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]Kodi won't change resolution itself when switching AV input.
It may pick a different default resolution if it is rebooted without the correct EDID being available
(can happen when display is powered off, or switched to a different AV input, but this is display specific).

See: "TV is not detected unless powered on first"
https://kodi.wiki/view/Archive:Raspberry_Pi_FAQ
I really appreciate you taking the time to point me to this solution. I've been struggling with this problem for 6 months or longer.  Other post on this forum and LibreELEC forum have gone without response. It's been what keeps me from using my RPI4 and Kodi.  Now I can start using them.

Again, thanks so much.