Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to scrape Planet Earth - 4 movie in BDMV format
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have full Planet Earth (2006) episodes in 4 Blu-ray disc. I extracted that in four folders each of which is in BDMV format. I tried different methods and settings and can't figure out how to get it configured correctly. Tried it as movie or as TV shows. None of that was successful. Can someone point a direction for me?
@easy123

First step is to find the show at the scraper site. Once you know how they treat it, then you have the first step in scraping it. https://www.themoviedb.org/
Looks like it doesn't exist in TMDB. In IMDB, it is described as TV mini series which contains 11 episodes. However when it is packaged to BD, it becomes 4 discs. I really don't know how to handle this. May be I need to create my own nfo file.
It would help if you provide the link, so I can start looking at the show and sort out the best method for you.
(2020-10-04, 01:34)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]It would help if you provide the link, so I can start looking at the show and sort out the best method for you.

Here is the link in IMDB. And this is the link for the Blu-ray discs sold at Amazon. Appreciate the help and let me know if more information is needed.
Here is the same show at TMDB... https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/1044-planet-earth

It is a tv show, so you need to add this to your TV Show source and scrape it into the TV Show section of Kodi.

Have you ripped the individual episodes from the disk? Or have you ripped the entire disk and all episodes are somewhere in there?

Which ripping software are you using? DVDFab?
(2020-10-04, 05:35)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Here is the same show at TMDB... https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/1044-planet-earth

It is a tv show, so you need to add this to your TV Show source and scrape it into the TV Show section of Kodi.

Have you ripped the individual episodes from the disk? Or have you ripped the entire disk and all episodes are somewhere in there?

Which ripping software are you using? DVDFab?
I ripped it to keep the BD structure, total of 4 discs each of which has one or two episodes. And that is what I got confused - how to convert a BDMV structure to be recognized for each episodes. I used ANyDVDHD to copy the whole structure to HDD. Should I rip it further to each episodes?
(2020-10-04, 18:20)easy123 Wrote: [ -> ]Should I rip it further to each episodes?
There is no advantage at all to keeping the Bluray format. I recommend ripping each episode separately to a single m2ts file or even a mkv format.

Once that is done, name the tv show folder Planet Earth (2006)
Then each episode can be named Planet Earth (2006) S01Eyy
(2020-10-04, 21:22)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-10-04, 18:20)easy123 Wrote: [ -> ]Should I rip it further to each episodes?
There is no advantage at all to keeping the Bluray format. I recommend ripping each episode separately to a single m2ts file or even a mkv format.

Once that is done, name the tv show folder Planet Earth (2006)
Then each episode can be named Planet Earth (2006) S01Eyy
Thanks for the advise and I will follow the recommendation.