Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MECOOL Android TV Box KM6 Series w/ Amlogic S905X4 SoC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(2021-02-28, 10:07)noggin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-11, 01:21)clarkss12 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-11, 00:32)wizziwig Wrote: [ -> ]As explained earlier in the thread, the frame rate switching appears to be done by the OS and not under Kodi control.  There are pros/cons to this solution as already explained earlier in the thread.  Could definitely be worse as most of these type of devices have no refresh rate switching at all.

Yes, verified that the frame rate switching is done by the OS and NOT by Kodi.  And YES, it does cause issues with any resolution less than 1080p..... Specifically 480i and 1080i.  But it can be disabled, if desired........
So does that mean that playback of 480i, 576i and 1080i (three of the four most common standards for OTA/terrestrial, satellite and cable TV - with 720p being the other) are non-starters for frame rate switching in Kodi with this box?  If so - that's a real red flag for anyone who uses Kodi with a PVR back-end (TV Headend, VDR etc.)

(Is it just interlaced modes that are problematic - or is 720p also an issue?)
Only the interlaced videos have that issue, NOT the 720p media.  So, Yes, I have to disable that feature when watching media broadcast with those interlaced media.  I have been providing Mecool with information on the issues their firmware has.   I also have the HDHomeRun Connect 4k tuner, and those HEVC channels don't have that issue.

The KM6 Deluxe ALWAYS displayed "HDR 10" under my TV's stats for nerds. no matter what media I was playing.  I emailed them about that issue, and they corrected it.  A couple of days ago, they sent me a firmware to test, and it solved that issue.
Interlaced content will be busted if you simply switch frame rates by copying the sequence header frame rate because that value will be half of the field rate.  Any good quality de-interlacer needs to run at field rate or you will get horrible judder with 23.976 content broadcast inside an interlaced signal.  You also lose temporal resolution.  What sort of de-interlacing modes do these devices support?  Anything beyond basic weave and bob?
(2021-02-28, 19:55)wizziwig Wrote: [ -> ]Interlaced content will be busted if you simply switch frame rates by copying the sequence header frame rate because that value will be half of the field rate.  Any good quality de-interlacer needs to run at field rate or you will get horrible judder with 23.976 content broadcast inside an interlaced signal.  You also lose temporal resolution.  What sort of de-interlacing modes do these devices support?  Anything beyond basic weave and bob?

Hahaha, I don't have a clue what you just said.  It went right over my head......
I did make a YouTube video showing MY interpretation, of how the AFR works. I am just a simpleton that does not have a clue, and I am probably dead wrong on what I said in this video........ 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJGftUqFxGM&t=93s
(2021-02-27, 15:46)clarkss12 Wrote: [ -> ]Mecool just sent me a new firmware that corrects the "HDR 10" always showing.  Now my HDR TV only displays "HDR 10" when an HDR 10 video is playing.  However, it still does NOT show "Dolby Vision", but it does NOT show "HDR 10" either, which is good.  I emailed them and and asked if their box can now display " Dolby Vision".  They are making progress.

Hello clarkss12 can you send me a link for that firmware? I have the KM6 deluxe and would like to fix the HDR as well. Thanks.
(2021-02-28, 23:32)vibecru123 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-27, 15:46)clarkss12 Wrote: [ -> ]Mecool just sent me a new firmware that corrects the "HDR 10" always showing.  Now my HDR TV only displays "HDR 10" when an HDR 10 video is playing.  However, it still does NOT show "Dolby Vision", but it does NOT show "HDR 10" either, which is good.  I emailed them and and asked if their box can now display " Dolby Vision".  They are making progress.

Hello clarkss12 can you send me a link for that firmware? I have the KM6 deluxe and would like to fix the HDR as well. Thanks.

Email sent with link.
(2021-03-01, 01:37)clarkss12 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-28, 23:32)vibecru123 Wrote: [ -> ]

Email sent with link.
Hi @clarkss12 can you send me the link too. I have the same HDR always on problem.

Thanks in advance.
(2021-03-05, 19:28)lobothefoots Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-28, 23:32)vibecru123 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello clarkss12 can you send me a link for that firmware? I have the KM6 deluxe and would like to fix the HDR as well. Thanks.

Email sent with link.
Hi @clarkss12 can you send me the link too. I have the same HDR always on problem.

Thanks in advance.

I added a direct link to the new firmware under the comments section of my video......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8qPswLqyz8&t=1s
(2021-03-06, 17:00)clarkss12 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-01, 01:37)clarkss12 Wrote: [ -> ]Email sent with link.

Thanks in advance.

I added a direct link to the new firmware under the comments section of my video......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8qPswLqyz8&t=1s
sorry, that is the link to the Netflix app.  I can't edit to remove my comment.......
(2021-02-28, 23:32)vibecru123 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello clarkss12 can you send me a link for that firmware? I have the KM6 deluxe and would like to fix the HDR as well. Thanks.

Email sent with link.

Thanks in advance.

Beelink has removed the link for the new firmware.  I will have to ask their permission to share their new firmware.
(2021-03-06, 17:06)clarkss12 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-01, 01:37)clarkss12 Wrote: [ -> ]Email sent with link.

Thanks in advance.

Beelink has removed the link for the new firmware.  I will have to ask their permission to share their new firmware.

I need to go back to bed, I am confusing Beelink and Mecool.......  Anyway, I have to get permission for Mecool to share their new firmware..... I have been working with both Beelink and Mecool or issues of their firmware.
Too bad for the missing firmware. I hope that means that mecool will provide an official update soon.
possible you could share the firmware with me too? and the email of the contact at mecool, I would be happy to help them test.
I now have a Netflix apk that plays in HD using the Android TV OS (NO mouse required), made for Google Certified Mecool Devices.  It plays in 1080p with DD+ audio, but does NOT change the frame rate..........
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Mecool Google Certified devices

KD1 Netflix 1080P with DD+ audio.
KM6 Deluxe  Netflix 1080p with DD+ audio
KM1 Netflix 1080p with DD+ audio
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

KM8 Google Certified but Netflix will NOT run

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

M8S Pro L Widevine Level 1, Netflix would not run.  
KM9 running KM9pro, Widevine level 1.  Netflix would NOT run
(2021-04-23, 15:06)mercenaryza Wrote: [ -> ]possible you could share the firmware with me too? and the email of the contact at mecool, I would be happy to help them test.

Here's the link of firmware
https://mega.nz/folder/259RCaiD#NLaObOO7XtzT2iKKMG4l4w
Do you know if there's a way to enable write permission for external storage?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10