Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to force XML generation for movies already scrapped
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, 

I have update to version 4 of TMM today.  Once done, I have all my library without the mediainfo.xml file, since it wasn't there before migration.

I can see there is an option to delete xml files for selected movies, but I don't see any option to generate those files unless you update multimedia information for selected movies...

Considering media info is already done... Is there any way to generate xml files withouth doing again media info for all my library?
No, because mediainfo.xml is generated while fetching mediainfo (we do not store all the data inside tmm, because that would be too much data)..

So you need to load mediainfo once to generate the xmls
Ok, understood.

Another thing... and I am really sorry if this is a stupid question but I am writing with total ignorance.

I am reading that nfo file is really an xml file, called nfo I don't know why... would it be possible to generate a unique NFO file, containing both movie information (description, genres, rating, actors, etc) and mediainfo information?

That way, instead of a NFO + XML file, we'll just have a NFO combining both files.

Maybe it is impossible, maybe it won't be compatible with Kodi... I don't know... but I wanted to ask for this...

Thanks in advanced.
NFO is Kodi-style XML, with basically no mediainfos of that movie (beside resolution, duration etc)
Kodi does read codec et all everytime itself you play the movie, filling its internal database with values.
And on a Kodi export, it will not write all the needed mediainformation in this file, what we would display in TMM.

A separated mediainfo.xml can be easily generated by mediainfo (and now TMMv4) itself, which serves basically as cache for another fresh import.
Of course, when we add a new mediainfo library, which detect additional things, you have to force the update of your own...

So the handling is much more easier to have these two separated...