Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Is it possible to transfer files from USB to Kodi device?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have Recalbox installed on a Raspberry Pi 4 and Kodi is integrated into Recalbox. I'm having trouble transferring movies over WIFI to the Pi. Some work, most give me a Windows error message. I would like to transfer movie files via a UBS drive if it's possible. I found out I can play the files directly off of the drive when it's plugged into the Pi, but I'd like to download them to the Pi from the flash drive so I can reuse the flash drive. Is this possible? Or is there another easy way to move files from a Windows PC to a PI that doesn't involve coding or transferring over WIFI? Thank you for your time
(2020-10-06, 23:32)this1goesout2u Wrote: [ -> ]Or is there another easy way to move files from a Windows PC to a PI that doesn't involve coding or transferring over WIFI?

When the video files are on the USB stick, you can plug it into your RPi4 and use Kodi's File Manager to copy them to whatever new location you want.