Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Unable to play movies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have updated to latest Amber 3.2.100 from the Amber repo, and now I cannot hit play on the movie info screen. Everything else works, trailer, refresh, online TMDB info and everything else, just not play. Pressing play causes a short freeze, and then it goes back to library view, however, using the online TMDB info button, and from there pressing play works as it should.

Same happens on win 10 store version of Kodi and on Nvidia Shield Pro store version of Kodi, the latest stable Kodi version is used on both.

Downgrading to latest Amber version from Kodi repo fixes the issue, but then I miss out on all the cool new stuff Smile
(2020-10-07, 18:55)Filmbuff Wrote: [ -> ]I have updated to latest Amber 3.2.100 from the Amber repo, and now I cannot hit play on the movie info screen. Everything else works, trailer, refresh, online TMDB info and everything else, just not play. Pressing play causes a short freeze, and then it goes back to library view, however, using the online TMDB info button, and from there pressing play works as it should.

Same happens on win 10 store version of Kodi and on Nvidia Shield Pro store version of Kodi, the latest stable Kodi version is used on both.

Downgrading to latest Amber version from Kodi repo fixes the issue, but then I miss out on all the cool new stuff Smile
@Filmbuff , thanks for the feedback.  I think the cause of the issue is that you need a more recent version of the addon plugin.video.themoviedb.helper.  Amber uses functionality of very recent versions of this addon, and it seems the Kodi repo has a version older than what this version of Amber requires.  You can either get a more recent version of the addon from jurialmunkey's GitHub page (https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...edb.helper), or you can install his repo and keep the addon updated from there (https://github.com/jurialmunkey/reposito...4-leia.zip).  Please let me know if this fixes the issue for you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Great stuff Bart, that fixed it, thanks!
Thread marked solved.