Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Yosemite 10.10.5 TMM4 Won't Load
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since the release of v4, the program doesn't load for me. I get the "tinyMediaManager quit unexpectedly" screen when attempting to start the program.

The release notes say Java is now included. Thinking there could be a Java conflict, I uninstalled Java. Program still doesn't load.

My OS is a little old, but I have ran all previous versions (currently running v3.1.10) without any issues.

Guiboche
did you upgrade or do a new install?
does a fresh copy of tmm v4 start?

according to the requirements Java 11 AND golang (where the launcher is written) both support macOS 10.10+
Yes this is from a 100% fresh copy of TMM4 (I always try the new versions before upgrading).

I also attempted to run the program from the Applications folder to see if that would make a difference. No go.

My library is currently beyond the size limit restrictions set in v4, so I'm afraid what would happen if I haven't attempted to use the upgrade option inside of 3.1.10  Angel
v3 is still available... and inside the v4 backup folder, there is the v3-backup.zip, with all your data before upgrade.
No objections at all if you want to stay on v3 forever... but new features will only be added in v4...
I don't want to stay on v3. In fact, I'm ready to purchase the license for v4 at the drop of a hat.

Not being able to open the software is preventing this  Smile
I am not that familiar how to (remote) analyze such problems in mscOS, but could you try to launch tmm from the command line?

Code:
cd /Applications/tinyMediaManager.app/Contents/MacOS/ 
./tinyMediaManager

you could also look at the system logs if there is anything obvious (IIRC the app is called Konsole)