Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to do a live demonstration of Kodi?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have some individuals who are interested in learning more about kodi and how I have my environment set up.  I have multiple RPi's running on different TV's through out the house.  I still subscribe to live TV so have a HDHomeRun Prime with a cable card and I use NextPVR for scheduler and PVR service.  I have a NAS with about 450 movies on it, a couple of dozen TV series and thousands of mp3's.  All synced using MySQL.  

I really love the setup that I have and tell it to everyone that I know.  There is a group of individuals who want to see my setup, but they're all remote and I'm not sure how to exactly show it to them.  I can setup a WebEx or zoom or something on my main PC, but I don't know how to share kodi to my PC.  Is there a way to setup X so I can export it like I would on a Linux desktop?  Is there a plugin that I can add to kodi that will allow me to do this?  

Thanks

Daryl
Realistically I think pointing the camera from zoom/webex at the screen is the best option.

You may be able to remote the screen (search for VNC dispmanx) but kodi tends to get pretty laggy when remoted.
There are some very cheap (GBP£10/US$15) HDMI capture solutions that appear as webcam sources that I've used to connect Kodi boxes (Raspberry Pi and AMLogic) in 720p50 or 1080p50 (sent as 1080p25) that work really well on Macs and PCs in Skype, Zoom, FaceTime etc. (They also cope fine with 29.97/59.94 too - though they only do 1080 at 25fps and will deinterlace quite crudely with interlaced sources).  The capture solution looks to the PC/MAC as if it's a standard WebCam - which is really useful at the moment.  (I've used one to get my nice Sony A6000 camera to run as a webcam too)

Example here https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HDMI-to-USB-3...4322886283 that looks identical to the one I bought. They are USB 2.0 and use MJPEG to get the bitrate down to USB 2.0 speeds.  (Ignore the USB 3.0 references in the eBay listing - even the blue bit of plastic in the USB plug... AIUI they are USB 2.0 only...)