Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: dead skins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There are way too many dead skins on this forum. are there any mods available to delete the skins that aren't actively being developed? this forum has become absolutely useless
I think it's good to have them there because they could inspire other people or give them different ideas, but they do clutter the place a bit.

Maybe if they were put in an archive folder for people to see and for the Skinner to maybe revive.
(2020-10-11, 13:09)twinity Wrote: [ -> ]this forum has become absolutely useless

In exactly what way does having threads containing dead skins make the forum useless?

Just because a skin isn't being actively developed doesn't mean it's thread should be deleted, there are skins that aren't being developed anymore but that still work perfectly fine and people may still want to find information on them.
I often , download "archived" skins and go through images , you can find some great artwork to use when modding your own skin.
(2020-10-11, 13:09)twinity Wrote: [ -> ]are there any mods available to delete the skins that aren't actively being developed?

We are not going to delete threads related to Kodi skins which may no longer be developed.
The place where the skins that are working is in this section
https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67
You are in a development area your questioning does not make sense here in this area
I've just joined here because I used to use a skin on Leia that is not available on Matrix and was trying to ascertain the status, maybe instead of deleting threads, add a tag that says "abandoned" or "deprecated" or "dead" or something like that. Or maintain a list somewhere of skins under active development, etc. I know it would make finding a better skin for my purposes a lot easier.
(2020-10-12, 17:32)Castilho Wrote: [ -> ]You are in a development area your questioning does not make sense here in this area

Thread moved the Skins support section.
This does happen every Kodi release and I think any skin that isn't at least v18 compatible will be moved to the Skin Archive forum soon.
i already handled that a couple of days ago (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3020927) ... did i miss any?
I just wanted to ask, if its possible, to move the Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded thread to the "WIP skins" forum? I think, there is a better place, then in the archive, when there will be no more Artic: Zephyr forum. Smile
(2021-03-09, 17:29)beatmasterrs Wrote: [ -> ]to move the Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded thread to the "WIP skins" forum?

Done.
(2021-03-09, 01:24)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]This does happen every Kodi release and I think any skin that isn't at least v18 compatible will be moved to the Skin Archive forum soon.
So if the skin does support Leia it will not be moved to archived skin? Or has this changed now that Matrix is out?
We don't expect all skin authors to have their skins ready for a new Kodi version immediately upon release, so historically the way it works is that as long the skin is avaiable in the repo for the previous release (which is now Leia v18) then it will get to keep it's forum, this will not change until v20 is released and only then the skin being in v19 Matrrix repo become the minimum requirement.
(2021-03-15, 11:55)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]We don't expect all skin authors to have their skins ready for a new Kodi version immediately upon release, so historically the way it works is that as long the skin is avaiable in the repo for the previous release (which is now Leia v18) then it will get to keep it's forum, this will not change until v20 is released and only then the skin being in v19 Matrrix repo become the minimum requirement.
Thanks for clearing this up for me and I appreciate all the help you guys do for all of us skinners on here.
Pages: 1 2