Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Want to scrape 'Hero (2002), got 'Lone Hero (2002)'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried to scrape 'Hero (2002)' - Folder name 'Hero (2002)' and Movie name 'Hero (2002).mkv' using The Movie Database but I got 'Lone Hero (2002)'. Looks like 'Hero (2002)' was hit first and then 'Lone Hero (2002)' was hit later which overwrote 'Hero (2002)'. Does anyone know how I can overcome this?
This film?

There are two ways you can do it:

1) Go to the movie and open the context menu. Then select information then refresh and yes and it should open up a list of matching titles. From that pick the correct one and let it scrape.

2) If that doesn't work, using a text editor to create an NFO (wiki) file in the same folder as the mkv file (if an nfo file already exists, remove or rename it).

That NFO (wiki) file should be called "Hero (2002).nfo" (not Hero (2002).nfo.txt or any other variation), and should simply contain the URL from TMDB (https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/79). Create that then scrape the movie again and the file should point the scraper at the right item in the scraper database.
Yes, that is the movie and than you for the quick help. I like the nfo approach to prevent re-work in case I need to scrape the whole library again.
More widely then, what you can do once you have your library set up as you want it, you can do a library export to single files.

That will cause Kodi to create NFO (wiki) files for each of your movies and TV shows, so if you ever need to rebuild your database it's quick and easy as all the information is stored directly with your media.

It does of course require Kodi to have write access to the storage area where your media is located, and it's better if the movies are in their own folders (our recommended source set-up - one movie per folder). If you select it to, by that method it will also store artwork there as well in the same way.

Thread marked solved.