Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: I can watch video files from my hard drive but i cannot watch some specific ones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a movie a friend gave me and i can watch it fine. so can i with family videos, but when I try to watch a specific series mr. robot, my kodi crashes and i get this in terminal:
Logs
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
(2020-10-14, 10:25)Future Wrote: [ -> ]I have a movie a friend gave me and i can watch it fine. so can i with family videos, but when I try to watch a specific series mr. robot, my kodi crashes and i get this in terminal:
Logs

FULL DEBUG LOGS
(2020-10-14, 10:36)Future Wrote: [ -> ]FULL DEBUG LOGS

I think you misunderstood the meaning of the word 'full', as you apparently cut off the entire header of the kodi.log file.
So again... Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs

We prefer to have all the puzzles pieces during troubleshooting.
well I think kodi just cant run mkv files on the raspberry pi and i have to convert them based on the research i did
Your research is completely wrong. Mkv is just a container, what matters is whats inside, the codec of the video stream.
(2020-10-14, 10:51)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-10-14, 10:36)Future Wrote: [ -> ]FULL DEBUG LOGS

I think you misunderstood the meaning of the word 'full', as you apparently cut off the entire header of the kodi.log file.
So again... Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs

We prefer to have all the puzzles pieces during troubleshooting.

ok actual FULL LOGS
(2020-10-14, 11:21)Future Wrote: [ -> ]well I think kodi just cant run mkv files on the raspberry pi and i have to convert them based on the research i did

ARM mem: 948MB GPU mem: 76MB MPG2:0 WVC1:0

GPU mem is too low for HEVC hw decoding.  Add gpu_mem=320 to the end of /boot/config.txt and reboot.  This would happen irrespective of container, my guess is you are also transcoding to some other video codec that does not use HW decoding.
(2020-10-14, 11:51)Future Wrote: [ -> ]ok actual FULL LOGS

The tip on the GPU memory settings is the only support tip you'll get for now, as you also have installed a repository add-on which facilitates video piracy.
As per our forum rules (wiki), which not everyone seems to read, support is halted.

Next time come here with a 'clean' Kodi setup, or your request for help will be fully ignored.
You can install what you want on your Kodi device, but we reserve the right to what we do or do not support.
(2020-10-14, 12:38)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-10-14, 11:51)Future Wrote: [ -> ]ok actual FULL LOGS

The tip on the GPU memory settings is the only support tip you'll get for now, as you also have installed a repository add-on which facilitates video piracy.
As per our forum rules (wiki), which not everyone seems to read, support is halted.

Next time come here with a 'clean' Kodi setup, or your request for help will be fully ignored.
You can install what you want on your Kodi device, but we reserve the right to what we do or do not support.

Completely understandable. Thanks for your time.