Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Weather Icon Add-on Not Working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In Kodi v.17 on Mac 10.8.5 (Mtn Lion), how can I override default weather icons?
Can I simply replace the default icon collection in the Resource folder with another set of weather icons instead (e.g. 3D Coloured)?

Where can I download the set of 3D Coloured individual .png images?
They are not in the folder -
~user/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/resource.images.weathericons.3d-coloured/resources
Only a Textures.xbt file is located there.

If replacing default icons isn't possible, is there a way to modify Kodi.app (which files?) so that Weather Icons - 3D Coloured are the default icons?

My attempts at replacing/editing files in the MAC Kodi.app Package Contents "resource.images.weathericons.default" folder
located at - Kodi.app/Contents/Resources/Kodi/addons
causes Kodi.app to crash at opening.

I don't understand why download of add-on weather icons is available in Kodi v.17 & 18
if there's no way to enable the images so they display instead of the default weather icons.

This is possible with pkscout's Estuary Mod skin, but that mod is only available for Kodi v.18, and I need to use Kodi v.17.
(2020-10-17, 05:32)ds_tx Wrote: [ -> ]In Kodi v.17 on Mac 10.8.5 (Mtn Lion), how can I override default weather icons?
Can I simply replace the default icon collection in the Resource folder with another set of weather icons instead (e.g. 3D Coloured)?

~user/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/resource.images.weathericons.3d-coloured/resources

If replacing default icons isn't possible, is there a way to modify Kodi.app (which files?) so that Weather Icons - 3D Coloured are the default icons?

My attempts at replacing/editing files in the MAC Kodi.app Package Contents "resource.images.weathericons.default" folder

I don't understand why download of add-on weather icons is available in Kodi v.17 & 18
if there's no way to enable the images so they display instead of the default weather icons.

This is possible with pkscout's Estuary Mod skin, but that mod is only available for Kodi v.18, and I need to use Kodi v.17.

The pictures you are looking for can be found in Textures.xbt, please look here. TextureTool (wiki)

Ich kann nicht weiter helfen.
(2020-10-17, 06:17)Fuchs2468 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-10-17, 05:32)ds_tx Wrote: [ -> ]In Kodi v.17 on Mac 10.8.5 (Mtn Lion), how can I override default weather icons?

The pictures you are looking for can be found in Textures.xbt, please look here. TextureTool (wiki)

Ich kann nicht weiter helfen.
Danke vielmals, Fuchs!
So simple; worked like a charm.
I'm on Mac platform, so I had to copy TextureTool installer and Texture file from Kodi app contents, resources folder to thumb drive,
boot into Windows on Bootcamp, extract images from Texture file, copy to flash drive, and reboot into Mac.
Then make backup of default resources folder with default weather icons (just in case),
copy resources folder with 3D Coloured icons to Kodi app contents, and open Kodi app.
Worked great in v.18, hope it's the same for v.17.
So much simpler and easier than fooling around with weather add-on mods.
Du bist der beste, Fuchs.
Danke.
Another method is to go to the source code and download via zip.... https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/resource....d-coloured