Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 3D movie Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Community,
I couldn't find an answer with search, so I am reaching out here. I hope I am in the right area.

I use a Synology Media Server. I am using Kodi V18.8 and running over 800 movies, of which more than 100 of them are 3D versions of movies as well. I am using a Sony X85C 4K 3D TV. Some of my files are Over&Under, and some are SidexSide. When I run Kodi, I am unable to use my Sony remote to put it into the appropriate mode. My TV Supports both varieties. 

Here is my question. Is there a FAQ, or can someone link me to the step by step method, to just select the movie, and have Kodi put my TV into 3D mode automatically to view the 3D movies I have, then upon completing my viewing, return it to Default 2D.

Any help from the Community will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Ham Channell
Hi Ham,
it seems, nobody here is really interested in 3d any more. I also wanted to use Kodi on my HTPC with 3d-content:
3d output & Lubuntu?

I ended up with the playback of 3d-content on my very old Mede8er. Kodi works for me only in 2d. Sad story.