Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Fire TV (Gen 2) - Kodi won't load and requires full reset after restarting Fire TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Last week my Fire TV running Kodi 18.8 restarted due to a short power outage.

After the power came back on, any attempt to load Kodi resulted in a black screen.  I tried force closing and clearing cache in the app settings and that got me as far as the Kodi first run screen. It then crashed and the previous behaviour of just a black screen started again. Clearing all data didn't help matters, neither did a complete reinstall of Kodi. I had to factory reset my Fire TV, and reinstall Kodi to get it running again. 

This morning I restarted my Fire TV and the same issue occurred.  All other installed apps still work fine, just Kodi won't load.

I didn't have full debug logging on, and since Kodi won't load I manually created the advancedsettings.xml to set the log level to 2. Unfortunately, whatever is going on with Kodi includes not writing new log files. I used adbLink to pull the log file from my FireTV and the log is from the last time I used it yesterday. I don't know how much help that will be but I've included it anyway: https://paste.kodi.tv/qogayowiro.kodi
As an additional note, I found a couple of threads mentioning that improper shutdown of Kodi could cause corruption of profiles.xml and guisettings.xml (file size of 0). I've checked both of these files and they're identical to my backup versions.