Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Access websites with infrared remote control
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

new kodi user here! I just set up my installation (Kodi 18 Leia on a Raspberry Pi 4B). So far, so very nice! I want to get away from having to use my computer for sreaming Netflix/Amazon/Mubi or accessing movies on my NAS. I already managed to configure a custom rc_keymap to use my remote control from my Onkyo amplifier. Works like a charme :-) 

But:
Since the Mubi (curated, "author cinema" movies) addon is broken at the moment, and I'm unable to repair it, I'm looking for an alternative way to access Mubi content. So my question: Is it possible to use Chromelauncher to access their website and login etc. just by using the infrared remote control? I know this is going to be somewhat cumbersome, but the first smartphones (before the touchscreen...) from Nokia used a technique where every link/clickabe item on a website was identified and you "jumped" from one to the other using a cursor on the tiny keyboard. I figure this would work. After all, all I want to achieve is accessing a website, scroll, select a movie.