Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Add-on migration stuck on Kodi update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was tested the new repository structure for automatic add-on updating from my repository at Kodi 19 update and ran into the problem of the Kodi freezing on message "Add-on migration in progress - please wait...".
I tested on alpha-2 and nightly 20201024-c413111b builds. Here is profile folder, which was used in tests: kodi_profile.zip
According kodi.log, it's freezing after updating of my repository, here is full log: kodi.log
I'm waited about 20 minutes, before stopping Kodi process. After Kodi restarts, it successfully completes add-on migration.
Same problem with alpha-3. Logfile: kodi.log alpha-3
Can someone from developers look at this problem? Or I better should create issue at github?

I also noticed that add-ons disappear from the list if an error with a dependency occurred during their installation.
yes, please create an issue on github.
i think the addon.xml file of repository.vlmaksime isn't valid and causing the issue...
but ideally kodi should not hang in such cases.
Created issue #18723
I confirm, same problem on android tv, need to delete all data and restart from zero