Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movie scraper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What the crap f... is wrong with the movie scraper now?
I had to re-install Kodi, and went from version 18.4 to 18.9, and now a lot of my movies has a COMPLETELY wrong movie information.
I'm using the default setting and The Movie Database, and it was working perfectly before I re-installed the latest version of Kodi.

Example:

"A Star is born (2018)" shows up as A star is born world premiere from 1954 (??)
"Thor (2011)" shows Thors Saga, a documentary from Iceland!!
 "Doctor Strange (2016)" shows Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of madness (2022) which is not yet released....

Any suggestions?
(2020-10-31, 15:35)RamsX Wrote: [ -> ]had to re-install Kodi, and went from version 18.4 to 18.9
I regularly make it a habit of updating Kodi, not only for the functions, but the bug fixes. You make it sound like a chore, when it's a few clicks.
(2020-10-31, 15:35)RamsX Wrote: [ -> ]default setting and The Movie Database
Updating doesn't require a re-scan, if the scraper doesn't return meta-data to your satisfaction change the scraper. I personally use the universal scraper atm, should the scraper give me wrong information, I manually scrape (sometimes change the scraper or use TMM). I find it's helpful to 'export' library to separate files, keeps the meta-data with the movie folder, allows for a quick local scrape should I need to initiate a fresh Kodi for testing purposes.

Scraper bugs should be reported to scraper thread.There appears to be a fix in that scraper forum you might appreciate https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2985622 I don't see this as a Kodi windows bug.
(2020-10-31, 16:30)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-10-31, 15:35)RamsX Wrote: [ -> ]had to re-install Kodi, and went from version 18.4 to 18.9
I regularly make it a habit of updating Kodi, not only for the functions, but the bug fixes. You make it sound like a chore, when it's a few clicks.
(2020-10-31, 15:35)RamsX Wrote: [ -> ]default setting and The Movie Database
Updating doesn't require a re-scan, if the scraper doesn't return meta-data to your satisfaction change the scraper. I personally use the universal scraper atm, should the scraper give me wrong information, I manually scrape (sometimes change the scraper or use TMM). I find it's helpful to 'export' library to separate files, keeps the meta-data with the movie folder, allows for a quick local scrape should I need to initiate a fresh Kodi for testing purposes.

Scraper bugs should be reported to scraper thread.There appears to be a fix in that scraper forum you might appreciate https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2985622 I don't see this as a Kodi windows bug.

Sorry, didn't mean to sound so gruffy Smile

Thing is, I had to re-install and start all over again, and now I get all this weird movie info, and it's strange since it worked so good before.
I've been careful to name my movies correctly on my hard-disc, and that's why I don't understand why it doesn't work now.

I will try the universal scraper, I have not tried that one before.
From the movie information page, select Refresh then pick the correct movie from the list.