Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: post processing comskip and picon issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I previously was using Libreelec as my tvheadend server.  The comskip and picons works fine but the live tv stream constantly has continuity errors and video halts.  I decided to try tvheadend server on Ubuntu server to see if I get better results using the same equipment.  In the short time using Ubuntu server, the video stream is way better with no video halts and only continuity errors when you first turn to a channel. The two issues I have is I can't figure out how to set up the post processing comskip and the picons using file:/// does not seem to work.

For the comskip, I am using the following command in libreelec which works:
/storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/comskip --ini=/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42/comskip/comskip.ini %f

In Ubuntu server I'm using the following command but it never creates the edl file:
/Comskip/comskip --ini=/var/snap/tvheadend/139/comskip/comskip.ini %f

In tvheadend it says comskip being executed from the Ubuntu server but it never outputs anything.  I can't even find where the log file is to see what the issue is.  Can somebody please tell me where the log file is for comskip so I can see what the issue is?  

I thought it may be a rights issue and made the folder were the recording are locateed as chmod 777, not sure what else the issue may be. 

Also, does anybody have any suggestions to make the picons work using file:///?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Ok, figure out the issue with the picons.  Apparently tvheadend doesn't have access to home directories.  After moving the picons to var/snap/tvheadend/picons, tvheadend was able to pick up the picons.

Now I just need to figure out how to make the comskip to work using the post processing.