Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: kodi-pvr / pvr.wmc client 6.0.0-Matrix testing, stuck at loading timers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I saw that pvr.wmc 6.0.0-Matrix has been released: https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.wmc/rele...0.0-Matrix

I just tested on Windows 64-bit on kodi matrix alpha 3, and also on the Nightly 20201108-6d3e955a-master-x64.

I noticed it gets stuck at: 
Quote:PVR manager is starting up: 50%
Loading timers from clients
Can anyone else confirm this bug?
Hi @krustyreturns , the binaries for "Kodi v19 "Matrix" Beta 1" have just been posted today, and I'm still seeing the same issue with PVR WMC Client 6.0.0. Any chance you might do a quick test of it loading timers on your system to see if it gets stuck at the same spot? Since everything has continued to work just fine for me with Kodi 18.9, it must be some new issue in 19.0.
Have you tried resetting the tv/epg database?
(2020-11-18, 23:27)krustyreturns Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried resetting the tv/epg database?

Yeah, it doesn't help. Sad

Here are the logs, but I don't see anything obvious:

Kodi log (gets stuck at 18:14:54.088): https://pastebin.com/TQd6DXLN

ServerWMC full logging (gets stuck at 19:32:23.317): https://pastebin.com/2xr2sHFA
I am seeing this too

ServerWMC log https://paste.kodi.tv/ijoqapinem.kodi

Kodi log https://paste.kodi.tv/yoxirokeka.kodi

The Kodi log tosses an error at the very bottom about not finding the server's MAC address.  Nothing after that, my Nvidia Shield just hangs on loading timers
Binaries for "Kodi v19 "Matrix" Beta 2" have just been posted today. I just tested on Windows, and got the same result as before. I think my initial pastebin links to the logs expired, but I can repost them if necessary. There honestly didn't seem to be anything helpful in them, though.
Just following up, also testing on Android now, and can confirm pittsoccer33's report (in my case on Lineage OS 17.1). Looks like it's a cross platform bug with 19.0. The main reason I'm interested in this getting fixed is that I've been eager to test out the new video speed control menu option that's been added to Estuary in Kodi 19.0 on my Fire TV Stick (finally a remote accessible video speed control setting!). If it wasn't for this great new feature in 19.0, I'd be willing to stick with an earlier version of Kodi. We should probably send Krusty a Christmas gift if he can find a way to get it working! Smile
By way of explanation:  As people can probably tell, I don't actively work on this software anymore.  Once ms got rid of wmc and the kodi guys said they'd no longer support wtv, my interest (and looking at the serverwmc download numbers - the worlds interest) has waned.  I still try to keep up with this forum and making little changes to serverwmc from time to time, because that stuff is easy and I am proud of serverwmc.  The problem is pvr.wmc - it requires that the kodi addon build environment be setup which I always struggle with.   I built a new pc some months ago and I no longer have this environment (it was probably out of date anyway).  Every time I think about trying to turn that heavy crank to set it up, I can think of about 10 things I would rather do (like for example last week I got a root canal).  

Also - I am embarrassed to say - that on all of my devices I am still running kodi from a few versions back.  Additionally, I have nearly cut my cable twice.  So far the cable company has put together a deal to keep me, but it's definitely on life support, my use of live-tv will coming to an end... some day.  

A great chistmas gift would be someone who wants to make whatever changes to pvr.wmc that this new kodi build requires, I'd provide all the help to them I can (I enjoy co-coding).  If its up to me though, so far I have lacked motivation.
I ran into same issue using Kodi 19 release candidate with PVR.WMC client 6.1.0.

The logs show that the problem happens when WMC client receives "GetSeriesTimers" info from server-wmc. It hits an exception parsing the string (in one call of stoi function). ServerWMC has no issues and it receives requests from PVR-WMC just fine and sends the responses in time. Here's the log

2021-01-16 22:52:40.723 T:22416   DEBUG <general>: AddOnLog: pvr.wmc: Socket::GetVector> Send request "GetServiceStatus|6.1.0|windows"
2021-01-16 22:52:40.725 T:22416   DEBUG <general>: AddOnLog: pvr.wmc: Socket::GetVector> Send request "GetChannelGroupMembers|True|Most Viewed"
2021-01-16 22:52:40.728 T:22416   DEBUG <general>: PVR::CPVRChannelGroups::LoadUserDefinedChannelGroups: Deleting empty channel group 'Most Viewed'
2021-01-16 22:52:40.732 T:22416   DEBUG <general>: PVR::CPVRChannelGroups:: PersistAll: Persisting all channel group changes
2021-01-16 22:52:40.733 T:22416   DEBUG <general>: PVR::CPVRChannelGroups::Load: 1 radio channel groups loaded
2021-01-16 22:52:40.733 T:22416   DEBUG <general>: PVR::CPVRTimers::Update: Updating timers
2021-01-16 22:52:40.733 T:22416   DEBUG <general>: AddOnLog: pvr.wmc: Socket::GetVector> Send request "GetServiceStatus|6.1.0|windows"
2021-01-16 22:52:40.735 T:22416   DEBUG <general>: AddOnLog: pvr.wmc: Socket::GetVector> Send request "GetSeriesTimers"
2021-01-16 22:52:40.787 T:20408   DEBUG <general>: CRecentlyAddedJob::UpdateTotal() - Running RecentlyAdded home screen update
2021-01-16 22:52:40.919 T:22416   DEBUG <general>: Thread Terminating with Exception: invalid stoi argument
2021-01-16 22:52:47.548 T:16392   DEBUG <general>: ------ Window Deinit (Pointer.xml) ------
(2020-12-16, 18:51)krustyreturns Wrote: [ -> ]By way of explanation:  As people can probably tell, I don't actively work on this software anymore.  Once ms got rid of wmc and the kodi guys said they'd no longer support wtv, my interest (and looking at the serverwmc download numbers - the worlds interest) has waned.  I still try to keep up with this forum and making little changes to serverwmc from time to time, because that stuff is easy and I am proud of serverwmc.  The problem is pvr.wmc - it requires that the kodi addon build environment be setup which I always struggle with.   I built a new pc some months ago and I no longer have this environment (it was probably out of date anyway).  Every time I think about trying to turn that heavy crank to set it up, I can think of about 10 things I would rather do (like for example last week I got a root canal).  

Also - I am embarrassed to say - that on all of my devices I am still running kodi from a few versions back.  Additionally, I have nearly cut my cable twice.  So far the cable company has put together a deal to keep me, but it's definitely on life support, my use of live-tv will coming to an end... some day.  

A great chistmas gift would be someone who wants to make whatever changes to pvr.wmc that this new kodi build requires, I'd provide all the help to them I can (I enjoy co-coding).  If its up to me though, so far I have lacked motivation.
Thanks for updating people; I must've overlooked your post last month. I hope the root canal is healing; I had no idea that installing the kodi add-on build environment was akin to pulling teeth. Wink I've never developed a Kodi add-on and am not an active developer, but I have some basic experience with C++ and compiling from a repo. It could be interesting to see how far I could get with that... 

Do you know if any of the current contributors to the GitHub repo -- those who've been producing the more recent builds -- might already have the build setup necessary to at least do a quick debug of it? I guess the complicating factor is that they'd have to get WMC and ServerWMC functioning before they'd be able to practically debug it. Sad

At least we know the problem is cross-platform, so I figure some of the other PVR add-on developers (@phunkyfish?) might at least know what basic changes they've had to implement to maintain Matrix compatibility on their own add-ons. It'd seem like a waste of time for them if they've, presumably, been making these various changes over the past year to maintain superficial compatibility, all for a broken add-on: https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.wmc/commits/Matrix
@mmortal03

If it’s possible for someone to run a server and expose the required ports over the internet I can try to fix it in kodi 19.

Happy to do so. Just PM me and let me know of any configuration required.

I have never succeeded on setting up the development environment on windows but as my preferred OS is Mac the need has never been too great.

EDIT: there have not been major changes that would render this add-on broken in kodi 19. Therefore I guess it is something minor that was overlooked simply because the edge case did not present itself on the system that was used to test the changes.
(2021-01-17, 13:06)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]@mmortal03

If it’s possible for someone to run a server and expose the required ports over the internet I can try to fix it in kodi 19.

Happy to do so. Just PM me and let me know of any configuration required.
Thanks! That hadn't occurred to me, to just forward the ServerWMC port and provide the IP address to a dev for testing. That might function well enough for debugging purposes. Maybe @krustyreturns can note any drawbacks or concerns about doing this? There would be enough bandwidth for pvr.wmc to download the guide information (none on my end currently) and the timers, which is where it actually gets stuck. You'd then, hopefully, be able to catch the error in the code. I believe it could be done without me even serving up the Recorded TV folder (which uses SMB, no need to expose that port remotely), so it would throw a "Recorded TV" folder error, and wouldn't be able to actually stream Live TV or recorded HD content, but that's not where the problem lies, anyway.

Let me do some testing first, and then I'll contact you.
I can also help build this and debug in Windows if you need help.  Finding  an stoi exception shouldn't be too difficult

This dll will log what is returned from the GetSeriesTimersCall https://easyupload.io/pefhw8  sha256 8ee094076659e2c7baf70a964e3661928f6aed7c81e7e7ac31622e8c66090253

It might be easier to revert all those stoi's to atoi as used in Leia.

Martin
(2021-01-17, 17:15)emveepee Wrote: [ -> ]I can also help build this and debug in Windows if you need help.  Finding  an stoi exception shouldn't be too difficult

This dll will log what is returned from the GetSeriesTimersCall https://easyupload.io/pefhw8  sha256 8ee094076659e2c7baf70a964e3661928f6aed7c81e7e7ac31622e8c66090253

It might be easier to revert all those stoi's to atoi as used in Leia.

Martin
Which directory should this dll be placed? It doesn't seem to be a replacement for the dll in the pvr.wmc add-on directory (add-on then doesn't load), and I didn't notice any difference in the log file if I placed it in the Kodi program directory.
It should be a replacement but I forgot to do a release build.  I suggest trying the dll in the appropriate one from https://jenkins.kodi.tv/blue/organizatio.../artifacts  I changed all the stoi's to atoi for safety.

Totally untested though but that is how it was done in Leia

Martin
Pages: 1 2 3