Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Place extra fanart in the same movie folder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@mlaggner,

Would it be possible to have an option to place the extra fanart in the same folder as the movie? In Kodi Matrix all of the extra fanart needs to be in the same folder as the movie in order for Kodi to pick it up automatically, and there is no Artwork Beef addon that can load the artwork found in an "extrafanart" folder as the extra fanart for the movie.  Thanks for considering this request.

Regards,

Bart
I second this.

My AB is configured not to use a/the extrafanart folder.
not yet possible (because this would need a rather big rewrite of core parts of the "update data sources" and the renamer), but that is already on our todo list
(2020-11-09, 19:53)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]not yet possible (because this would need a rather big rewrite of core parts of the "update data sources" and the renamer), but that is already on our todo list

@mlaggner, thanks! I appreciate that it is something to look forward to.

Regards,

Bart
I am just looking at this feature, but I've come over a few question which I cannot answer by myself (with help of the wiki):

a) should I make it customizable to choose several different file namings for fanart too? (like we already have with other artwork types)
b) as far as I have seen fanartX.ext is valid; is <movie-title>-fanartX.ext / <movie-title>.fanartX.ext also valid?

thanks
Manuel
(2020-11-11, 17:19)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]I am just looking at this feature, but I've come over a few question which I cannot answer by myself (with help of the wiki):

a) should I make it customizable to choose several different file namings for fanart too? (like we already have with other artwork types)
b) as far as I have seen fanartX.ext is valid; is <movie-title>-fanartX.ext / <movie-title>.fanartX.ext also valid?

thanks
Manuel
@mlaggner , as far as I know, fanartX.ext is valid if movies are in separate folders, and <movie-title>-fanartX.ext is the default.  https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_artwork

Regards,

Bart
Glad to see this coming.  Main reason I haven't purchased.
(2020-11-09, 19:53)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]not yet possible (because this would need a rather big rewrite of core parts of the "update data sources" and the renamer), but that is already on our todo list

Great feature when added. Then the only "manual" task for me will be the search and download of theme file.
I've just completed my  work on this.. this will be in the next nightly build and 4.0.6
(2020-11-14, 10:01)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]I've just completed my  work on this.. this will be in the next nightly build and 4.0.6

@mlaggner, great news! Thank you so much for doing this so quickly.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks from me as well.  Just purchased.