Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Thinks I have finished watching
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

I use Kodi as my media player, it's on an android box and I've ripped several DVDs to mkv that I store on a NAS. Works great I love it. 

One problem I have is if I stop a video part way through to resume later, depending on how far into I am, it sometimes thinks I have finished watching when I haven't. 

And example, movie lasts 2 hours, if I stop at 1 hour 50 minutes it does not allow me to resume and puts a tick next to the video. Is there anything I can do about this? Can I turn that feature off or extend the percentage before it thinks I have finished the video?

Thanks
Take a look at <playcountminimumpercent>90</playcountminimumpercent> for the advancesetting.xml

https://kodi.wiki/index.php?title=Advanc....xml#video
(2020-11-12, 18:38)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Take a look at <playcountminimumpercent>90</playcountminimumpercent> for the advancesetting.xml

https://kodi.wiki/index.php?title=Advanc....xml#video

Thanks Hitcher
An update, I tried changing the <playcountminimumpercent>90</playcountminimumpercent> setting to 98 and that didn't seem to make any difference, however that lead me to <ignorepercentatend>8</ignorepercentatend> and that sorted it. It defaults to assume if you are within the final 8% you have watched all of the movie - which is fine for Lord Of The Rings but no so for older movies that don't have closing credits. Anyway changing that to 3% fixed my problem. You can also change <ignoresecondsatstart>180</ignoresecondsatstart> if you want to be able to resume at the beginning if less than 3 minutes have been played. 

Thanks again
@JamesBronson15

I appreciate you are trying to help other users, but please be aware of 3rd party addons that are banned from this forum such as Superrepo. They are usually banned for good reason.

It also means if you have it installed you are disqualified from support here. Keep that in mind for the next time you need assistance as you will be asked to uninstall it.

I have removed that last paragraph from your post.

Thanks.

See Banned Add-ons (wiki) and Forum Rules