Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Is there something up with The Movie DB Movie scraper at the moment?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(2020-11-25, 00:13)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]A fix has been released. See here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2991031

Thank you for your hard work.

Is this fix meant to remedy the issue I experienced above? If so, it seems I'm still getting mismatches. Unless the title has a 100% unique name, it mismatches either the year or pulls a title with a similar name. I updated to the version you posted and restarted Kodi.
(2020-11-25, 07:07)cidtek Wrote: [ -> ]Is this fix meant to remedy the issue I experienced above? If so, it seems I'm still getting mismatches.
Yes it is. Please provide the names of those movies that are being mismatched.
(2020-11-25, 07:48)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-11-25, 07:07)cidtek Wrote: [ -> ]Is this fix meant to remedy the issue I experienced above? If so, it seems I'm still getting mismatches.

I have switched to the python version which has seemed to resolve all my issues. However it's much slower. Some titles that I recall being mismatched before.

13 Assassins (2010)
Black Swan (2010)
Buried (2010)
Date Night (2010)
The American (2010)
(2020-11-25, 07:58)cidtek Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-11-25, 07:48)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]

I have switched to the python version which has seemed to resolve all my issues. However it's much slower. Some titles that I recall being mismatched before.

13 Assassins (2010)
Black Swan (2010)
Buried (2010)
Date Night (2010)
The American (2010)

Hi

I'm french and my english is very bad

The scrapper don't find "Engaré (2020)"

​​​​​​​Thanks
(2020-11-25, 10:34)chris60 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm french and my english is very bad

Can you find the movie at https://www.themoviedb.org/

If you can, please provide the link.
(2020-11-25, 10:41)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-11-25, 10:34)chris60 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm french and my english is very bad

Can you find the movie at https://www.themoviedb.org/

If you can, please provide the link.
This one, Thanks

https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/625568-unhinged
(2020-11-25, 10:34)chris60 Wrote: [ -> ]The scrapper don't find "Engaré (2020)"
You spelt it wrong.

(2020-11-25, 11:13)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-11-25, 10:34)chris60 Wrote: [ -> ][font][font]Le scrapper ne trouve pas "Engaré (2020)"[/font][/font]
[font][font]Vous l'avez mal orthographié.[/font][/font]

[font][font]Sorry, it's Enragé (2020)

The scrapper find

Enragé (1949)
Chien enragé (1993)[/font][/font]
[font][font]Unhinged (1949)[/font][/font]
I've tried with the update of the scrapper, it's worst than before, all movies are wrong, just old movies or documentary from BBC while most of my movies are weel known movies.
NOTICE:

We are aware the update to the scraper yesterday did not resolve the issue. We consider the scraper still broken.

Once again TheMovieDB have made changes which are difficult to accommodate in the XML based scrapers. This affects both The Movie Database scraper and Universal Movie Scraper.

To continue scraping please switch over to the new Python based scraper... Add-on:The_Movie_Database_Python (wiki)
A current known issue with this scraper is that posters are scraped in English and this still needs to be fixed. If you use another language, download the correct poster manually.
thank you ! good luck guys and thanks for all the work !
i will wait and improve my english skills with the new posters in english Big Grin
(2020-11-25, 11:56)overhead Wrote: [ -> ]thank you ! good luck guys and thanks for all the work !
i will wait and improve my english skills with the new posters in english Big Grin

I will test the Pithon version

thank you for your work
With the Update to v5.2.3 some more movies are now scraped right. But tons of my movies still can`t found and tagged false by the tmdb scraper.
With python i have the same bug. the most of the added movies are false movies. i testet it.

I hope the fix comes soon..

THX in advance
(2020-11-25, 16:09)rebirth75 Wrote: [ -> ]With python i have the same bug. the most of the added movies are false movies. i testet it.
I have no idea what this is. Explain the problem again, provide links to example movies and a Debug Log
(2020-11-25, 11:52)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]NOTICE:

We are aware the update to the scraper yesterday did not resolve the issue. We consider the scraper still broken.

Once again TheMovieDB have made changes which are difficult to accommodate in the XML based scrapers. This affects both The Movie Database scraper and Universal Movie Scraper.

To continue scraping please switch over to the new Python based scraper... Add-on:The_Movie_Database_Python (wiki)
A current known issue with this scraper is that posters are scraped in English and this still needs to be fixed. If you use another language, download the correct poster manually.

Okay.  Dumb question time.

I went through the steps from the Wiki link you provided and installed the The Movie Database Python add-on.  No issues with the installation.  I'm just confused about section 4 - Settings.  So how do I change the default scraper to The Movie Database Python scraper?  It appears I can disable the The Movie Database Python scraper, but I can't seem to disable the default The Movie Database scraper.  I'm suspecting it's still trying to use the default scraper instead of the Python scraper as I'm getting the same results.  

I also tried searching using the TMDB ID and didn't get any results, leading me to suspect my Kodi installation is still using the default scraper, even though I have the Python scraper  add-on installed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6