Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@Skin helper error
You can get the latest versions of Skin Helper (v1.1.43) and Cherrypy (v12.0.2) on Marcelveldt's repo.

@insync44
I know folks are having some trouble with the latest Shield OS. Do you have both my repo and Marcelveldt's repo installed? I have the installation steps on the first post of this thread.
@latts9923 Is Cherrypy needed in Matrix? When I install it it's listed as "orphaned". Note that it isn't really in Marcelveldt's repo but you can grab it from github to install it.

So I need to amend this. Apparently Cherrypy is in the repo but it can’t be searched or browsed and so if it’s not already installed you can’t install it from repo. If you grab the zip from GitHub and install it from the zip you can then subsequently update in from the repo. Hope that makes sense.
hello latts,
I have tried before, but the problem remains. cherrypy is orphaned. And does not allow me, to download animated artworks. the version of latts, for cherrypy, displays a skin helper error, at the end of the download. and Marcel's version downloads without an error message. But, when I try to upload an animated artwork, the message appears again. There's something I didn't understand?? Thank you for your reply.
I installed successfully on two devices with the instruction in the OP.

Thanks for all the hard work. It's not only aesthetically pleasing, it's functional beyond belief!!!
@wags1
@Skin helper error
It looks like cherrypy was removed as a dependency for Skin Helper back in v1.1.38. I just removed the Add-on from my dependencies.

@Skin helper error
When you say download and upload animated artwork, do you mean add animated artwork to your Movies/TV Shows?

@Bermystar
You're welcome! I'm glad you like the Skin! @MarcosQui is a heck of a skinner, no doubt.
hi latts,
Yes exactly, animated artworks for movies/tv show. I forgot to say thank you for the work done on these skins. I must admit that the aeon mq7 skin is really great. thank you.
@Skin helper error
You're welcome! What version of Skin Helper are you using?
Question to get currently playing arist fanart on the home window is Artistslideshow used/needed or is that xml  specific code modification
(2022-05-19, 13:05)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]@Skin helper error
You're welcome! What version of Skin Helper are you using?

Hi latt's.
For cherrypy i use Marcel beta repo 12.0.2. For skin helper service, I tried several scripts. the last one I tried was the 1.1.38 script. What seems surprising to me is that it is always the same version that is in the scripts (marcel 1.1.43 or latts 1.1.33). I don't really understand.
@gemini88
For the main menu it does not use Artistslideshow. It just displays the default fanart for the artist.

@Skin helper error
The cherrypy dependency was removed from Skin Helper back in v1.1.38. Use Skin Helper v1.1.43 from the Marcelveldt repo. The old version on my repo was uploaded just to make it available to everyone early on.
Yes indeed didn't realize that all I need is to enable background video/music playback just can't figure out which xml to edit/modify
@gemini88 what exactly are you trying to accomplish? Do you just want currently playing artist images to display awhile you are listening to music? If so that can be enabled thru settings. You don’t have to edit any xml files.
@wags1 I figured that out already with artistslideshow and artwork dump (saving to a custom folder) works beautifully with my music (all the fanart cycling through) what I'm actually trying to enable is to having the music/video currently playing, to play in the background (having the stop, play, pause etc buttons) appear on Kodi's main menu thanks for reaching out brother, much appreciated
@gemini88
When you access the main menu while playing a song, you should see the player controls in the menu bar.
Right its not in all skin I'm using aeon tajo it's not there like it is in aeon mq8 but it can be enabled via xml I just don't know which one tho. I do know how to show, "show background video/music in skin settings tho that's just a toggle I need to find the other xml that's correlates with it