Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it a Screenshot of mq8?
My Windows Looks different, also the Logos?
(2022-08-07, 19:10)Wanilton Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-08-07, 14:38)klarahimmel Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, how can i change the colour of the cases?
I use the panel view.
 Now for 4kuhd the case is orang but i want to chane it maybe in black?
The case for web is red and the case for sets also red??

Skin Settings -> Media Case -> go to 4k case, and press enter will open the color selector, after changing the color, click on the save button.

Need install the script Skin Helper Colorpicker 
https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...olorpicker

Nope, but it´s very similar in MQ8 the feature.
(2022-08-07, 19:10)Wanilton Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-08-07, 14:38)klarahimmel Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, how can i change the colour of the cases?
I use the panel view.
 Now for 4kuhd the case is orang but i want to chane it maybe in black?
The case for web is red and the case for sets also red??

Skin Settings -> Media Case -> go to 4k case, and press enter will open the color selector, after changing the color, click on the save button.

Need install the script Skin Helper Colorpicker 
https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...olorpicker

Nope, but it´s very similar in MQ8 the feature.
I try to change the colour and finish with save. But IT IS no modification.
It is Not working

Colour Pickerl ist installed.
ii
Hello,
I have a question about changing music artwork for albums & singles.
I have a number of singles in my library where I have scans of cover art, discart and back cover art.
I've managed to manually add the cover art and discart OK, and they show up in some of the views.
As far as I can see 'Shelf 3d' is animated to show the back art. Is it possible to add the back art so that it shows up in the animation?

If I long press on the album, the context menu pops up and there are two options to change artwork:

Information/Choose Art
and
Artwork Options/Manual configure artwork. Here I think the back art is called 'thumbback'.

Which option do I use? Or is it not possible to display your own back artwork?
(2022-08-04, 13:02)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]@Kupo91
I will look at the fanart code and try to reproduce the problem.

Thanks. I use Ember Media Manager to download the artworks. They are stored in the movie folders. And after importing the movies in the Kodi library, Kodi used to show the artworks also when the hdd is turned off. But since I updated the skin it doesn't work anymore.
@klarahimmel
What view are you using? The changes to the case color won't affect the cases in some views.

@Chalklands
If you name the images "back.jpg", they should display after you select "QUERY INFO FOR ALL ALBUMS" from the context menu.
@skinhelpererror
   Very Cool intro's, From an artistic perspective, they're pretty great, from a perspective of watching them each time they start up ...any longer than 5-8 sec... and i get bored/ annoyed. (Intended to be read as constructive criticism)
(2022-08-12, 03:57)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ] 

@Chalklands
If you name the images "back.jpg", they should display after you select "QUERY INFO FOR ALL ALBUMS" from the context menu.
Thanks for your response.

From testing this, for anybody interested in changing back art or discart there is a slightly different procedure for adding each one. I'm using this on a Nvidia Shield Pro with a Nvidia remote.

1. Back art
Long press on the album
Information
Choose Art
If there is no option for 'back', add an art type called 'back'
Select this when added.
Browse to the art you want to use.
Click back once.

2. Discart
Long press on the album
Artwork Options
Manual configure artwork
Click back once
Select discart
Browse to the discart you want to use
Click back once

Not sure if there is a different method of doing this but it worked for me. Doubt if anybody is interested in this, but thought I'd post it anyway!
@Kupo91
I think I have a fix for the missing fanart when external drives are disconnected. It will be included in the next update. Test it out and see if it works for you too.
(2022-08-12, 22:01)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]@Kupo91
I think I have a fix for the missing fanart when external drives are disconnected. It will be included in the next update. Test it out and see if it works for you too.

Sounds good, looking forward to your update Smile thanks in advance
Hello,
Sorry for these continuous questions, but I'm really enjoying setting up this skin.
A question with TV shows and views:
As an example, I have two similar series' in my library: Battlestar Galactica (2003)  and Caprica.
Both have extras, which I have placed in a 'season 0' folder. All other Seasons are in a 'Season 1', Season 2' etc folder.
Battlestar Gallactica allows me to use the 'Shelf 3D v2' view. Fine no problem. So I can see season 0, season 1, season 2 etc.
Caprica doesn't allow me to select that view. The only views I can select for Caprica show all episodes, whether in Season 0 or Season 1. I think this is because it only has one 'actual' season.
Is there a workaround for this?

Also, how do I show multiple posters on a movie cover in a view. I'm sure there is a setting to change, but I can't see which one?

Thanks
@Chalklands
The two Shelf 3D views only display TV Shows and Seasons. If you have only one Season for a TV Show, it goes directly to the Episodes view by default. Go to SETTINGS > MEDIA SETTINGS > VIDEOS and change "FLATTEN TV SHOW SEASONS" to NEVER.

In the Right List view, go to the Top Menu and under "VIEW OPTIONS/CHANGE VIEW" you have multiple poster options for the "CASE ART" setting.
(2022-08-15, 13:10)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]@Chalklands
The two Shelf 3D views only display TV Shows and Seasons. If you have only one Season for a TV Show, it goes directly to the Episodes view by default. Go to SETTINGS > MEDIA SETTINGS > VIDEOS and change "FLATTEN TV SHOW SEASONS" to NEVER.

In the Right List view, go to the Top Menu and under "VIEW OPTIONS/CHANGE VIEW" you have multiple poster options for the "CASE ART" setting.
Thank you.

Just a question on multiple posters. I've saved posters in my movie directory:

Folder: Movies/Interstellar
poster.jpg
poster1.jpg
poster2.jpg

There are four options in the case art setting: Poster, Character Art Poster, Keyart, Extra Keyart
Whichever I select, the posters don't appear. Do they need to be in a subfolder? Are there any other settings to change in the skin?

Also, re Characterart.  in the View Options/Change View under 'Extra Art', there are settings for Actress and Characterart. I have the Red Carpet addon installed and Actresses appear when I've selected the 'Actress' option.
How do I show character art? I've created a subdirectory called characterart within which I have saved files as:
characterart.png
characterart1.ong
characterart2.png

Or is this not the way to do it? 

Sorry for all of these questions.