Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@Chalklands
You have the poster images in the correct location. If you go to the Video Info screen and select "CHOOSE ART", do you see the images when you scroll down through poster1, poster2, etc.? If not, you can select them one by one. Are you using Artwork Dump to help import images when you add to your library?

Same thing with characterart images. You don't need a characterart subfolder, you can place them in the movie folder with the rest of your artwork. The characterart will only display for the Right List view.

No worries...ask all the questions you want.
(2022-08-17, 12:36)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]@Chalklands
You have the poster images in the correct location. If you go to the Video Info screen and select "CHOOSE ART", do you see the images when you scroll down through poster1, poster2, etc.? If not, you can select them one by one. Are you using Artwork Dump to help import images when you add to your library?

Same thing with characterart images. You don't need a characterart subfolder, you can place them in the movie folder with the rest of your artwork. The characterart will only display for the Right List view.

No worries...ask all the questions you want.
Thanks. Got it working.

Also, when pausing a screen in full screen playback, the discart would kind of drop from the top left of the screen and bounce s bit at the bottom. I thought it looked quite cool.
Unfortunately I must have changed a setting and can't get that bouncing disc back. I've spent over an hour changing the settings but can't find it. Any ideas which setting I need to change?
@Chalklands
Go to SETTINGS > SKIN SETTINGS > GENERAL SETTINGS and enable MEDIA INFO IN OSD MENU.
(2022-08-19, 03:46)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]@Chalklands
Go to SETTINGS > SKIN SETTINGS > GENERAL SETTINGS and enable MEDIA INFO IN OSD MENU.

Ah, Thank you!
(2021-03-23, 02:39)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-23, 00:37)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ] 

@movie78
The cases only display the icons in white. Thanks!

All,

There is a new version (0.1.5) of the Colored Media Icons on my repo that fixes the problem with the icons not displaying. My error...sorry.
@latts9923 

I was referring the video resolution icon in color Dolby Vision

Question: I take it this has been asked before so sorry... How do I get these posters? Is this done manually for each movie or is there a way to automatically get the "4k ULTRA HD case like" poster? 

Appreciate any insight!
Hi,
I don't really understand (bad english, sorry) :
I use Aeon MQ8 on Leila.
If I upgrade to Matrix, how can I install Aean MQ 8 ?
Take a look on the beginning of this thread...
Greetz
Klaus
@3000
I'm pretty sure these posters have been manually added. You can find 4K posters on fanart.tv and themoviedb.org.
(2022-08-20, 19:47)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]@3000
I'm pretty sure these posters have been manually added. You can find 4K posters on fanart.tv and themoviedb.org.

Understood. Thank you for confirming. Question: You think it's possible to create a thumb_box.png including the top two vertical rows that we find on most 4k Blu-Rays? And another one with an additional HDR logo? I think the 4k Ultra HD logo on the left should be removed then. 

(thumb_box_default.png looks really cool btw.) 

It would certainly add realism.
@latts9923 

I also think we need a new "art type". We have one for Poster view but I think we need another one for casing. Poster is big and bright, clean and all that...

But there is much more text on 4K/Blu-Ray covers. When using case view I'd like to have the option to choose a different picture.

How do you like that idea?
(2022-08-20, 22:03)3000 Wrote: [ -> ]@latts9923 

I also think we need a new "art type". We have one for Poster view but I think we need another one for casing. Poster is big and bright, clean and all that...

But there is much more text on 4K/Blu-Ray covers. When using case view I'd like to have the option to choose a different picture.

How do you like that idea?

Poster is the art type for all kind of covers. Use Ember Media Manager (or something similar), compare the offered posters with the actual bluray cover and choose the one which is closest to your desire. That's how I do it too
Yes, but Poster being the art type for all covers is a problem. I want to choose one picture for poster mode AND another one when using a case. 

there should be something like $VAR[poster] and $VAR[case] ...
@3000
I can look at adding a "4K Mode" option to display the 4K Ultra HD logo bar at the top and the second bar below that.

I'm not sure how well that would work if I created an option to display a different poster image when using a case. You would have to manually change the image assigned to "poster" in the database every time you switched between case/no case.
@latts9923 

cool, thank you. If you separate the two rows we could also select individual colours for the "stripes" like in the above example. 

Regarding the other issue. Is it not possible to add another variable like described in my last post? Like $VAR[poster] and $VAR[case].

Long-term I think we should explore ways to separate posters and covers right from the source like themoviedb and fanart.tv. 

I could definitely ask. Maybe there is a good reason why it hasn't been done so far...
Just 2 little questions :

1) With the view "Wall", if I want to see the duration of a movie, it also display the "teaser" (some words teasing the plot).
Is it possible to only have duration displayed ?

2) I don't want to see this DVD coming out of the cover , where is the option to disable ? :