Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@Chalklands Did someone else setup Kodi for you? The DB does not automatically get placed on your NAS just because your content is there. You have to point Kodi to the DB on your NAS. You can check by looking at your Kodi advancedsettings.xml file. If your DB is on your NAS you will see sections in that file pointing to your NAS.
(2022-10-25, 14:30)Chalklands Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-10-25, 14:04)andrzejls Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-10-25, 12:34)Chalklands Wrote: [ -> ]Morning.
Just a quick question. Were any changes made to the skin overnight? The reason I'm asking is that all was fine with Kodi last night, then this morning, I try running it and it keeps crashing on startup after about 20 - 30 seconds when it's updating the libraries. Just trying to narrow down what might have happened overnight, as I haven't made any changes or installed new addons for a couple of weeks. May not be skin related at all.

I can't see the logfile as it crashes before I can do anything

Synology NAS, Nvidia Shield.
I just checked my install of Kodi and only update that I see is "RESOLVEURL" add-on updated last night. I also run Kodi on NVIDIA Shield-Pro 2019 but Kodi database is located on custom build NAS running openmediavault 6 in Debian. I also have tat NAS networked with Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) using dual port Intel 82756 NIC connected to Netgear GS308 smart switch ports, if that makes any difference.
Edit:
Where your Kodi database is located, NVIDIA Shield or Synology?

Hi,
Not very tech minded but the Kodi app is on my Shield. I presume the database is on the NAS as that is were all of my media is stored?
Had no joy uninstalling and reinstalling Kodi on the Shield. I was using 19.4, however I've just installed v19.3 and it seems OK. Just strange that it happened overnight as I've been using 19.4 for months with no issues.
I run Kodi 19.4. There is a specific process (need to install and configure MarisDB database on NAS as well as configure Kodi to NAS server shares) to install Kodi database on server other tan the device you installed Kodi on, which you do not remember doing it. Based on that I think that Kodi database is on NVIDIA. You just made a fresh install of 19.3 and works fine. That could be because Kodi did not build up its cache and thumbnails yet. You just might be running out of the storage space on Nvidia.
@Skin helper error
Can you reproduce this error and then provide a log?
(2022-10-25, 14:49)andrzejls Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-10-25, 14:30)Chalklands Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-10-25, 14:04)andrzejls Wrote: [ -> ]I just checked my install of Kodi and only update that I see is "RESOLVEURL" add-on updated last night. I also run Kodi on NVIDIA Shield-Pro 2019 but Kodi database is located on custom build NAS running openmediavault 6 in Debian. I also have tat NAS networked with Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) using dual port Intel 82756 NIC connected to Netgear GS308 smart switch ports, if that makes any difference.
Edit:
Where your Kodi database is located, NVIDIA Shield or Synology?

Hi,
Not very tech minded but the Kodi app is on my Shield. I presume the database is on the NAS as that is were all of my media is stored?
Had no joy uninstalling and reinstalling Kodi on the Shield. I was using 19.4, however I've just installed v19.3 and it seems OK. Just strange that it happened overnight as I've been using 19.4 for months with no issues.
I run Kodi 19.4. There is a specific process (need to install and configure MarisDB database on NAS as well as configure Kodi to NAS server shares) to install Kodi database on server other tan the device you installed Kodi on, which you do not remember doing it. Based on that I think that Kodi database is on NVIDIA. You just made a fresh install of 19.3 and works fine. That could be because Kodi did not build up its cache and thumbnails yet. You just might be running out of the storage space on Nvidia.
Ah OK. I will investigate setting a database up on my NAS when I get some time as it looks a complicated process. Thank you for your help.
(2022-10-25, 14:40)wags1 Wrote: [ -> ]@Chalklands Did someone else setup Kodi for you? The DB does not automatically get placed on your NAS just because your content is there. You have to point Kodi to the DB on your NAS. You can check by looking at your Kodi advancedsettings.xml file. If your DB is on your NAS you will see sections in that file pointing to your NAS.
I think it is on my Shield so I will have a look at setting one up on my NAS. Thank you for your help.
@latts9923 

Are you talking about this?? Image
@Chalklands I would get it running correctly on your Shield first before you try moving the DB to your NAS.
(2022-10-25, 17:30)wags1 Wrote: [ -> ]@Chalklands I would get it running correctly on your Shield first before you try moving the DB to your NAS.
Hi,
Thanks for the advice. I've investigated and there isn't a space issue on the Shield. I found a fix to my problem, although not sure what was going on.
The last album I was editing re art etc was the problem. If I removed the album and then restored Kodi, everything was normal. If I recopied the album into my library, the error reoccurred. The problem seemed to be with the nfo file for some reason, no idea why. I deleted the current nfo file and then created a new one. All works fine now for some reason.
(2022-10-25, 21:30)Chalklands Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-10-25, 17:30)wags1 Wrote: [ -> ]@Chalklands I would get it running correctly on your Shield first before you try moving the DB to your NAS.
Hi,
Thanks for the advice. I've investigated and there isn't a space issue on the Shield. I found a fix to my problem, although not sure what was going on.
The last album I was editing re art etc was the problem. If I removed the album and then restored Kodi, everything was normal. If I recopied the album into my library, the error reoccurred. The problem seemed to be with the nfo file for some reason, no idea why. I deleted the current nfo file and then created a new one. All works fine now for some reason.
I am glad that you were able to find and fix the problem. I like the "easy" fixes. Good luck.
(2022-10-25, 22:15)andrzejls Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-10-25, 21:30)Chalklands Wrote: [ -> ]
Hi,
I am glad that you were able to find and fix the problem. I like the "easy" fixes. Good luck.
Thanks!
(2022-10-19, 23:42)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]@Chalklands
I added code to display the discart1, discart2, etc. images while browsing songs. I initially only added code for this to work in music viz, but it looks good while browsing songs as well. Thanks for the request!

Hi, just a quick question. Do changes, as above for example, appear in each revised version rollout? Also, I'm running version 1.0.2.8, is that the latest?

Thanks
@Chalklands You can always check the latest version in post 1 of this thread. Releases are cumulative.
(2022-10-26, 14:18)wags1 Wrote: [ -> ]@Chalklands You can always check the latest version in post 1 of this thread. Releases are cumulative.
Haha, thanks! Can't see for looking sometimes.
@latts9923 

Thanks for the link, the problem is solved. i had to disable "use video tags". Which is strange, because everything was working fine until now.
Have a great day.