Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think I experienced the same thing. When I had Extra Art enabled in Song view and played a track, Artist Slideshow would superimpose an image on top of the main one in the background, which would remain static. Try switching to Artwork Helper instead of Extra Art.
(2022-11-08, 13:01)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]@RB0135
Can you upload a copy of your skin's settings.xml file via Google Drive (or something similar) so I can try it on my system? I have to be able to reproduce this problem before I can fix it.
Hi @latts9923 , thanks for the reply.

Here is a link to the Settings file as request: https://tinyurl.com/ycy934fc

I noticed at the top of MusicVisualisation.xml, it looks for a black.png. I can only find Black.png in the following locations:  ./addons/script.extendedinfo/resources/skins/Default/media/common/black.png and ./addons/script.module.kodi65/resources/skins/Default/media/common/black.png

Artist Slideshow uses Black-hd.png

Could this be the issue?

BTW: I have cleared all caches as @wags1 suggested, but no change.

Happy to try things if needed.

Thanks, 
Rob
(2022-11-08, 20:32)RCBodyslam Wrote: [ -> ]I think I experienced the same thing. When I had Extra Art enabled in Song view and played a track, Artist Slideshow would superimpose an image on top of the main one in the background, which would remain static. Try switching to Artwork Helper instead of Extra Art.
I'll test it, but I have NEVER had the issue I am experincing with Extra Fanart prior to the last couple of updates, and I dont want to use Artwork Helper. All my Artwork is local. I dont need these add-ons to go out to the internet.

But, happy to test options if it helps others.

Thanks....
(2022-11-09, 10:43)RB0135 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-11-08, 20:32)RCBodyslam Wrote: [ -> ]I think I experienced the same thing. When I had Extra Art enabled in Song view and played a track, Artist Slideshow would superimpose an image on top of the main one in the background, which would remain static. Try switching to Artwork Helper instead of Extra Art.
I'll test it, but I have NEVER had the issue I am experincing with Extra Fanart prior to the last couple of updates, and I dont want to use Artwork Helper. All my Artwork is local. I dont need these add-ons to go out to the internet.

But, happy to test options if it helps others.

Thanks....

@latts9923 @RCBodyslam - Bingo.... Using Artwork Helper does not have the issue of showing the Music Menu Background during transitions or superimposing using the + viewing options as previously mentioned. It shows the Black Background if no artwork is available, or at the transition of Artists (and transition of the multiple backgrounds for the same artist).

@latts9923  - does this help?

My main concern is what I have mentioned, I have not changed settings for a year, always on Extra Fan art, yet something in the last month has caused this to "change".

Anyway, dont waste anymore time, unless you feel it is a big enough bug... 

Thanks...
@RB0135
Ah...OK. I misunderstood you. I thought you were seeing the default image while using Artist Slideshow. I've made some tweaks to music viz, and one of them affected the extra fanart setting. Try this updated version of the file.
@latts9923 I think he is talking about switching the top menu Art setting to Artwork Helper Fanart instead of Extra Fanart but he is still using Artist Slideshow.

@RB0135 This makes the issue even stranger. I have always used the Extra Fanart setting, and still have it set that way, and have never experienced your issue. Just as a test I just switched it back and forth a couple of times to see if I could cause the error and I did not see the issue…really weird.
(2022-11-09, 13:52)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]@RB0135
Ah...OK. I misunderstood you. I thought you were seeing the default image while using Artist Slideshow. I've made some tweaks to music viz, and one of them affected the extra fanart setting. Try this updated version of the file.

Hi @latts9923 . Thank you, your updated file works perfect using the Extra Fanart setting. I did previously mention my settings and using Extra Fanart, but was only text. An image probably would have been better.

Anyway, all good. Thanks again... Rob
(2022-11-09, 22:31)wags1 Wrote: [ -> ]@latts9923 I think he is talking about switching the top menu Art setting to Artwork Helper Fanart instead of Extra Fanart but he is still using Artist Slideshow.

@RB0135 This makes the issue even stranger. I have always used the Extra Fanart setting, and still have it set that way, and have never experienced your issue. Just as a test I just switched it back and forth a couple of times to see if I could cause the error and I did not see the issue…really weird.

Hi @wags1. I previously mentioned all my settings. It didnt matter if I used Slideshow, or Artistslideshow, it still had the issue with the Top Menu selected to Extra Fanart. Changing the Topmenu from Extra Fanart to Artwork Helper (as per prevous idea from @RCBodyslam)  did solve the issue, but I do not want to use that addon. Latts provided an updated MusicVisualisation file and that has been tested and working perfectly now, as I previously had using Extra Fanart setting.
@RB0135 Sounds like you got it resolved so all good. I just found it odd that changing the Topmenu from Extra Fanart to Artwork Helper (or vice versa) made no difference for me and did not produce the error you were seeing. Oh well, as long as it's fixed for you that's all that counts.
@RBO135 
Cool! Glad that it  got sorted out and is working well for you again.👍
@RB0135
You're welcome! Glad that fixed it!

@wags1
I remember @Nickerw posted this problem as well right after the last update. I could only reproduce the problem by enabling "EXTRA FANART" in the Top Menu for Music art, and then use "SLIDESHOW" for the artwork setting in music viz.
(2022-09-18, 15:43)wags1 Wrote: [ -> ]@Jumpy73 I run Kodi on 2 Nvidia Shields. It works great. The benefit is you can attach an external SSD to one of the USB ports and configure it as internal/adopted storage (I use a 120gb SSD in an enclosure) for plenty of app storage. Also Kodi Matrix 19.4 is in the Google App Store…

Hi @wags1

Do you suggest the Nvidia Shield Pro or do you think an Nvidia Shield could be enough for running kodi with good performance?
With the 2nd option I can't use external HDD because I don't see any USB port but only a microsd port, is it right? Could it be a problem?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion in this regards
@latts9923 That's what I found odd. I use "SLIDESHOW" for the artwork setting in music viz and I tried it switching the top menu Art setting to "Artwork Helper Fanart" instead of "Extra Fanart" and back and forth and either way I did not experience his issue. Could be device dependent or where/how I have my artwork stored...I don't know. The good news is you were able to reproduce it and fix it! That's all that really counts.
@Jumpy73 I would personally stay away from the Shield tube/stick. Go with the Pro. It has 2 USB ports so you can connect a SSD to one of them and configure it as internal/adopted storage (I use 120 GB SSD's on both my Shields configured as internal/adopted storage). It is a great overall streaming device and excellent for running Kodi.
Hi,
For whatever reason all of a sudden skin is not showing the number of favourites under "FAVOURITES". Where would I go to fix this?.