Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@andrzejls
Check your favourites.xml file in the userdata folder.
(2022-11-12, 13:38)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]@andrzejls
Check your favourites.xml file in the userdata folder.
@latts9923 file looks good. I get the favorites just not numerical value (how many) favorites there is under menu.
@andrzejls
Hmm...did you disable "SHOW LIBRARY STATUS" in SKIN SETTINGS > MAIN MENU?
(2022-11-11, 22:15)wags1 Wrote: [ -> ]@Jumpy73 I would personally stay away from the Shield tube/stick. Go with the Pro. It has 2 USB ports so you can connect a SSD to one of them and configure it as internal/adopted storage (I use 120 GB SSD's on both my Shields configured as internal/adopted storage). It is a great overall streaming device and excellent for running Kodi.

@wags1  Thank you very much
UPDATE #30 - This will update the skin to v1.0.3.0

Image Additions
  • The discart for Sets will now roll in from the right one at a time for the Showcase view if "USE MEDIA CASE" and "OPEN CASE" are enabled and "OPEN SET AS BOXCASE" is disabled.
  • I added code to display album fanart in music viz. This allows fanart applied to a particular album to be displayed instead of the artist fanart. If you want to display multiple fanart images, create an extrafanart folder under your album folder and place the fanart images there. Then enable "EXTRA FANART" for Music fanart and use "ARTIST FANART" as your background image for music viz. If no album fanart is available it will display the artist fanart. Thanks to Chalklands for the request!
  • I added code to the Movies background settings "BACKGROUND IMAGE - USE COLLECTION FANARTS" and "BACKGROUND IMAGE - USE GRAB FANART SCRIPT" in "CUSTOMISE MAIN MENU". Now when you enable one it will disable the other.
  • I added code to display the PVR channel icon in the EPG instead of the channel name. I also added a new button in the Top Menu under "CHANNELS" named "SHOW CHANNEL ICONS" that allows you to switch between text/icon. Thanks to Shredder_guitar for the idea and the example code!
  • I added discart to music content for the Coverflow view.

Image Bug fixes
  • For the Showcase view, I hid the Top Menu buttons "OPEN CASE" and "OPEN SET AS BOXCASE" if "USE MEDIA CASE" is disabled. I also fixed a problem with the back of the case displaying if "USE MEDIA CASE" is disabled. Thanks to Uploadergt for reporting the bug!
  • The library node icon was displaying the wrong dimensions. Thanks to Shredder_guitar for reporting the bug!
  • The artist text for the blank CD was displaying in layout 4 and 5 of music viz. That should only display if the "LOGO IN CD" is enabled and discart is missing. Thanks to Chalklands for reporting the bug!
  • The "BD/DVD CASES" button in the Top Menu was not displaying for Music Videos in the Right List view.
  • I fixed a problem with the video info screen not displaying the correct artwork for Music Videos. The "DIALOGUE MIDDLE ART" setting in the Top Menu now controls what is displayed for Music Videos.
  • The title will only display as text for Music Videos in video info...regardless of what you have set for "SHOW TITLE ON TOP AS".
  • I fixed another problem with the discart displaying in music viz if "IF AVAILABLE" was selected. Thanks to wags1 for reporting the bug!
  • I fixed a problem with the fanart in music viz if "EXTRAFANART" was selected for the Music art and "SLIDESHOW" was selected as the fanart in music viz. Thanks to Nickerw for reporting the bug!
  • I fixed a problem with the posters not displaying for some views when "CHARACTER ART POSTER" is enabled and "CINEMAGRAPH ARTS - POSTER" is disabled. Thanks to RCBodyslam for reporting the bug!

ImageMaintenance
  • I removed the diffuse image for the music discart. This allows the entire LP image (if being used) to be displayed. Thanks to Chalklands for the request!
(2022-11-12, 15:28)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]@andrzejls
Hmm...did you disable "SHOW LIBRARY STATUS" in SKIN SETTINGS > MAIN MENU?
@latts9923, No I did not. Well I installed KODI 20 Nexus Alpha-3 over 19.4 and then updated to Beta-1. It works great, especially exiting. In all previous versions it would take up to ~30 seconds to exit, now it is instantaneous. Everything is working fine, so far. I only did it on 1 (one) NVIDIA Shield Pro, all others are still on 19.4. I noticed some funny thing in 19.4 and is still in 20. When I change in SETTINGS > SYSTEM > Display -Resolution  (My TV id 4K so normal setting there is 3840x2160P) to 1080 Kodi Audio is gone. No sound in Movies, TV_Shows, Music etc... Change back to 3840x2160p and audio is back on.

Update
Reverted back to 19.4 then did "restore" from backup and amount (numerical value) of Favourites is back. Must have been some glitch or something got corrupted. Strange audio behavior still there.
(2022-11-12, 19:22)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]
UPDATE #30 - This will update the skin to v1.0.3.0

Image Additions
  • The discart for Sets will now roll in from the right one at a time for the Showcase view if "USE MEDIA CASE" and "OPEN CASE" are enabled and "OPEN SET AS BOXCASE" is disabled.
  • I added code to display album fanart in music viz. This allows fanart applied to a particular album to be displayed instead of the artist fanart. If you want to display multiple fanart images, create an extrafanart folder under your album folder and place the fanart images there. Then enable "EXTRA FANART" for Music fanart and use "ARTIST FANART" as your background image for music viz. If no album fanart is available it will display the artist fanart. Thanks to Chalklands for the request!
  • I added code to the Movies background settings "BACKGROUND IMAGE - USE COLLECTION FANARTS" and "BACKGROUND IMAGE - USE GRAB FANART SCRIPT" in "CUSTOMISE MAIN MENU". Now when you enable one it will disable the other.
  • I added code to display the PVR channel icon in the EPG instead of the channel name. I also added a new button in the Top Menu under "CHANNELS" named "SHOW CHANNEL ICONS" that allows you to switch between text/icon. Thanks to Shredder_guitar for the idea and the example code!
  • I added discart to music content for the Coverflow view.

Image Bug fixes
  • For the Showcase view, I hid the Top Menu buttons "OPEN CASE" and "OPEN SET AS BOXCASE" if "USE MEDIA CASE" is disabled. I also fixed a problem with the back of the case displaying if "USE MEDIA CASE" is disabled. Thanks to Uploadergt for reporting the bug!
  • The library node icon was displaying the wrong dimensions. Thanks to Shredder_guitar for reporting the bug!
  • The artist text for the blank CD was displaying in layout 4 and 5 of music viz. That should only display if the "LOGO IN CD" is enabled and discart is missing. Thanks to Chalklands for reporting the bug!
  • The "BD/DVD CASES" button in the Top Menu was not displaying for Music Videos in the Right List view.
  • I fixed a problem with the video info screen not displaying the correct artwork for Music Videos. The "DIALOGUE MIDDLE ART" setting in the Top Menu now controls what is displayed for Music Videos.
  • The title will only display as text for Music Videos in video info...regardless of what you have set for "SHOW TITLE ON TOP AS".
  • I fixed another problem with the discart displaying in music viz if "IF AVAILABLE" was selected. Thanks to wags1 for reporting the bug!
  • I fixed a problem with the fanart in music viz if "EXTRAFANART" was selected for the Music art and "SLIDESHOW" was selected as the fanart in music viz. Thanks to Nickerw for reporting the bug!
  • I fixed a problem with the posters not displaying for some views when "CHARACTER ART POSTER" is enabled and "CINEMAGRAPH ARTS - POSTER" is disabled. Thanks to RCBodyslam for reporting the bug!

ImageMaintenance
  • I removed the diffuse image for the music discart. This allows the entire LP image (if being used) to be displayed. Thanks to Chalklands for the request!
Hi @latts9923 , thanks for this. REALLY appreciate the work you do on this skin.
But (there's always a but, isn't there?).

Album fanart has got me a tad confused.

I've created an 'extafanart' folder and copied album fanart images into there.
From then onwards is where the confusion starts. I've attached screenshots to try and explain what I mean and called them (1), (2) and (3). It may be simply that I have done something wrong or misunderstand how Kodi works or misunderstood what this change allows me to show. 

As far as I can see there are three different music screens that I see.

(1):
Which I assume is called music fullscreen.
(2):
No idea what this is called, but let's call it 'track listing'
And this one (3):
No idea what this is called, but let's call it 'info'

If I set the Art to 'Extra Fanart'. Generic artist fanart is showing on screens (1) and (3). Screen (2) is just showing my default backdrop art.
If I set Art to 'Artwork Helper Fanart', screen (2) 'track listing', is showing a slideshow of the album fanart, which is good, the other two screens are showing the normal artist slideshow.
Have I completely misunderstood what I need to do to display album fanart? Or what this change is meant to show? Sorry if these are dumb questions, but I'm totally confused.
I get this white square around the disk for a lot of them now while in music full screen, does this having something to do with removing the image defuser? Is there a switch somewhere that i have to toggle to re-renable that?

Came here to tweet the exact same thing! One of my favorite aspects of the skin is to see the disc pop out and roll across the screen in the music viz. Love that the update fixed the missing disc art 👍 But now instead of a rolling disc, it's a disc inside a square tumbling end over end. Like a choo choo with square wheels!
(2022-11-10, 10:30)RB0135 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-11-09, 13:52)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]@RB0135
Ah...OK. I misunderstood you. I thought you were seeing the default image while using Artist Slideshow. I've made some tweaks to music viz, and one of them affected the extra fanart setting. Try this updated version of the file.

Hi @latts9923 . Thank you, your updated file works perfect using the Extra Fanart setting. I did previously mention my settings and using Extra Fanart, but was only text. An image probably would have been better.

Anyway, all good. Thanks again... Rob

Hi @latts9923, just reporting that the chnage you did in the file has caused more issues now after testing for a few days. I'll try and explain:
1) If a song is played and there is no Extra Fanart for the Artist, then I get the black screen. That bit is OK. However, every song played after that, whether they have extra fanart or not, the screen is just black. The artist fan art doesnt show. Thinking out loud, could it be the "artist fanart" or "Slideshow" is disabled and therefore just displays the Black. Now, even stopping the Music, backing out back to the main menu, then going back into music and playing, the background is just black. It never recovers, even if I go to a TVShow/Movie and come back to Music, the screen stays black, no artist slideshow. The only way I can clear that is to restart Kodi.
2) Always repeatable, after every song (or a few), Kodi bombs out back to the desktop. It usually bombs after about 20 secs of the song and I know this is the time that the addons (trying to remember which one, maybe Artist Slideshow) goes out to find any extra fanart missing and completes the process. I had manage to run the system with Skin Helper Service (as you know it bombs out constantly for me and others) and the Music as been fine with SHS enabled. I disabled SHS thinking that was the issue, but now rather than bombing out Kodi, the system just locks up and needs a hard reboot. Also, when the display was Black, I switched to a playlist, and this locked up Kodi. Never had this locking up occur. Ive been testing with the Top Menu ART set to Artwork Helper Fanart, and so far it seems stable.

I havent investigated further, but if you need me to check something, let me know.

Thanks, Rob
(2022-11-13, 04:42)Shredder_guitar Wrote: [ -> ]I get this white square around the disk for a lot of them now while in music full screen, does this having something to do with removing the image defuser? Is there a switch somewhere that i have to toggle to re-renable that?

Morning,
Which view are you using? It doesn't seem to be happening with mine in v4 and 3d.
Moin moin,

I also take the update. In Music with view 4 I see the blancCD with the text from Name, Song and Album, if there is no disc.png in the thumbnailfolder. If there is this png, I see only the cover with no CD. In this moment when I skip to the next track, I see for half second the blancCD with the text and then again nothing...

In View 4 i use:

Logo in CD
Discart allways on

Background ist extra Fanart

After i go into the album to the tracklist, I see the cover and the discart

Happy sunday... Uwe
@andrzejls
I haven't tested the skin with KODI v20 yet, but I will start very soon.

@Chalklands
Haha...you're welcome!

I don't see an image for #2, but I think I know which screen you're talking about.

1) By default, the fullscreen player will display fanart images in the extrafanart subfolder of the Artist (if available) if "EXTRA FANART" is enabled for the Music art. I see the fanart images in the extrafanart subfolder that I created in the album folder for just the songs of that album. You should see the fanart in the album's extrafanart folder...not sure why you don't.
2) I didn't see a screenshot for this, but I know what screen you are on. If "EXTRA FANART" is enabled, you should see fanart images in the extrafanart subfolder of the Artist (if available). The "ARTWORK HELPER FANART" setting displays fanart images in the album folder, not the extrafanart folder.
3) This player control screen is displayed in the Main Menu after about 8 seconds of the song playing. By default, the main menu should display the default fanart of the Artist. You can manually change the song's fanart image from the info screen if you want to display a certain album fanart image instead. If you manually change the default fanart image for the song, it will also display in screen #2 for the song instead of the default fanart if "DEFAULT FANART" is enabled.

I'm sure that's all clear as mud...haha.

@Shredder_guitar
@RCBodyslam
@Chalklands
I didn't think about that change affecting discart that still has a background in the image. I will create a new button that lets you enable/disable this feature. For now, you can fix this by opening MusicVisualisation.xml and do a find and replace for "-cdart_diffuse.png". Replace that with "cdart_diffuse.png".

@RB0135
1) With the latest update, I see the default music background if I play a song that has no extrafanart folder for the Artist. If I then select another song that does, I see the extrafanart images.
2) You're running KODI on an Nvidia Shield correct? I know there's quite a few that have reported odd behavior with KODI after the latest OS update. I need to find a used one just so I can see this behavior.

@Holzfred
Make sure you name your images discart.png. I'm going to update the code for the music viz layouts so that the discart (if available) will always display when "DISC ART - ALWAYS VISIBLE" is enabled...whether "LOGO IN CD" is enabled or not.
It shows the square for some of my discs, but not all of them, in 3D view. I just get my disc art from random websites, wherever I can find them. Fanart TV doesn't have much unless it's Classic Rock or big name acts. I just change the name to discart.png in my files. It might have something to do with the background of the discart , but I don't have any way to edit them cuz I DL them on my tablet.
@latts9923
Made my post before seeing your reply, sorry.
Cool!  Kodi runs really well.on my Firecube but the downside is being unable to edit any XML files. I'll just wait for your next update. Thanks! 👍