Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good evening.
Re Music Viz. Just a general question about the Johnybee Mod.
It's working fine, except for some artists in full screen. It shows artist albums as expected, but not banner or clearlogo. Can't work out why. It works fine for some but not others. I've tried manually adding both banner and clearlogo, but it seems to make no difference for these artists.

Has anybody come across this?
(2022-11-19, 23:23)Chalklands Wrote: [ -> ]Good evening.
It's working fine, except for some artists in full screen. It shows artist albums as expected, but not banner or clearlogo. Can't work out why. It works fine for some but not others. I've tried manually adding both banner and clearlogo, but it seems to make no difference for these artists.

I have just this afternoon. Installed the skin last night, added my music and noticed it today. It shows the banners and clearlogos as current/local art but they don't show up in the music viz in 3D view
(2022-11-20, 02:05)RCBodyslam Wrote: [ -> ]

I have just this afternoon. Installed the skin last night, added my music and noticed it today. It shows the banners and clearlogos as current/local art but they don't show up in the music viz in 3D view
I thought it was just me. Most of them are fine, just a few show this behaviour. Very odd.
@Holzfred
Those fonts are for layouts 4, 5 & 6 in music viz if you have "LOGO IN CD" enabled.

@RCBodyslam
Let me try to reproduce this problem on my Fire TV. I just installed the latest update a few days ago via the repo on that box and it worked just fine.

@Chalklands
@RCBodyslam
The banner for music viz uses Skin Helper (pulls image from theaudiodb.com I think). It's working fine in Leia, but not Matrix. Maybe i can get it to display the local banner instead.

I went through all the music viz layouts the other day and found some problems with logos not displaying in some views. That should all be worked out in the next update.
@latts9923

Sounds good, thank you!

And ah ok, that explains why the music viz would show different banners than the ones I have in my artist files. Was always a little confused by that. 

Yeah, as for not being able to download from your repo, I think it may have something to do with my device. Just got an Android box from Amazon and it's a pain. Simply refuses to download some things even from the official Kodi repo even when I used the Estuary Skin. Red Carpet and Colored studio icons are a no go. Tried 4 or 5 times, ugh.
Hiya,
Dumb question. How does one access playlists in the the skin?
I have a couple already set up from when I was using the default Kodi skin, but I can't see them in MQ8. When I add 'Music Playlists' to a menu I just see a list of currently queued tracks, If I add 'Audio Playlists' I just see an empty list with three dots.

Also how do I access the playlist editor in MQ8?
(2022-10-24, 15:41)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]@K0D1User1138
I haven't tried MQ 8 or the Library Editor script on Nexus yet. I need to start working on that.

Looks like a lot has been worked on in here. Wanted to circle back to asking about LE being moved forward to v20 if I've missed it while browsing this thread quickly.

Cheers.

Funny, it seems to be working now.
Hate to dump more stuff on you, but noticed when browsing my music library that artist thumbs aren't showing in some views like poster and Magazine 3-D.
(2022-11-22, 20:50)Chalklands Wrote: [ -> ]

It sort of is for me. In 3-D view, the clearlogos are showing now, when they weren't before, which is good. But instead of sliding to the top of the screen, they're stuck in the top righthand corner and now the albums aren't showing up 😄
(2022-11-23, 02:43)RCBodyslam Wrote: [ -> ]

It sort of is for me. In 3-D view, the clearlogos are showing now, when they weren't before, which is good. But instead of sliding to the top of the screen, they're stuck in the top righthand corner and now the albums aren't showing up 😄
@RCBodyslam That's strange. On the one's I've checked everything seems to be as per usual now. I'm using 3d view as well.
I did go through a process of moving from having a separate Artist Information Folder away from the actual Artist folders, to changing to having the Artist Information Folders in the individual Artist folders. The problem I had may have been due to Kodi taking a couple of days to catch up?
@Chalklands
I created a smart playlist that contained a single album, added that as a main menu item and it displays just that album. You can access your playlists from the Music submenu or from accessing the top list above Artists while browsing.

@K0D1User1138
I've started work on MQ 7 and MQ 8 for Nexus. I haven't tested the Library Editor script yet.

@RCBodyslam
I just tested the Poster and Magazine 3D view, and I see the artist thumb for both.

In the 3D music view, the clearlogo will remain at the top of the screen if "SIMILAR ARTISTS (JOHNYBEE MOD)" is disabled.
@latts9923

I did have the mod enabled in 3D view. But I didn't have it enabled in view 5. Once I did that and switched back to 3Dview the banners and albums showed up. 🙃 

​​​​​​Still not seeing the thumbs in Poster and Magazine view tho. I'll play around with the settings a bit more and check my Artist Information fanart files.
(2022-11-23, 09:53)Chalklands Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-11-23, 09:53)Chalklands Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-11-22, 20:50)Chalklands Wrote: [ -> ]Funny, it seems to be working now.
@RCBodyslam That's strange. On the one's I've checked everything seems to be as per usual now. I'm using 3d view as well.
I did go through a process of moving from having a separate Artist Information Folder away from the actual Artist folders, to changing to having the Artist Information Folders in the individual Artist folders. The problem I had may have been due to Kodi taking a couple of days to catch up?

That could be maybe. I remember having an issue pop up one time and it sorted itself out a few days later by itself without any update fix, ha!
(2022-11-23, 14:13)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]@K0D1User1138
I've started work on MQ 7 and MQ 8 for Nexus. I haven't tested the Library Editor script yet.

Thanks for the update. Hoping it's not to difficult as it makes my transition easier and I have no clue where to start trying to drag LE along. Wish this function was simply built into Kodi from the beginning.