Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@latts9923

​​​​​​No, I'm just choosing the Artist Information folder itself as the fallback.. Inside it I have Artist folders which contain the extrafanart folders. I can see the extrafanart pics in Library views but not the music viz.
@RCBodyslam
OK...that's the problem. You need to create a "fallback" folder (or name it whatever you like), add fanart images you want to display, and select that as your fallback folder in your Artist Slideshow settings.
@latts9923

Ah got it! (I think.) 😛 Create a fallback folder with *only* the artists that Slideshow doesn't have any artwork for and just stick the pics within the artist folders. Thanks for clearing that up for me. 👍
@RCBodyslam
Well, you can add fanart for the Artist that is not currently displaying fanart in music viz, but those images are global. Meaning that if you add another artist that is missing fanart, it will display these same fanart images from the fallback folder.
Oof! That's not exactly what I was hoping it would do.  I was thinking it could display just the missing fanart for the artist that's playing at the time,  if I created folders for each individual artist. But it's more just stick all the images in the folder and it will display all of them instead? 😐  Hmm. Don't really wanna see images of people if their music isn't playing. But I'll give it a go and see how it looks. Thanks!
(2022-12-03, 13:13)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]@Holzfred
If you're using the "SLIDESHOW" setting for music viz, it doesn't use your extrafanart folder, it uses the Artist folder in userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/ArtistSlideshow. If it doesn't find the Artist, it will display images from the fallback folder you've assigned in settings.

Hi Latts,

this I don't understand. In my userdata/addon_data... folder is nothing inside. All the pictures in slideshow Kodi find in my folder \\server\Informations\Artistname. In this folder are also stored the logos and the extrafanart folder with fanart 0-10. The only pictures stored in Roaming\Kodi are the thumbnails. 

all the best
Uwe
(2022-12-05, 20:16)Holzfred Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-12-03, 13:13)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]@Holzfred
If you're using the "SLIDESHOW" setting for music viz, it doesn't use your extrafanart folder, it uses the Artist folder in userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/ArtistSlideshow. If it doesn't find the Artist, it will display images from the fallback folder you've assigned in settings.

Hi Latts,

this I don't understand. In my userdata/addon_data... folder is nothing inside. All the pictures in slideshow Kodi find in my folder \\server\Informations\Artistname. In this folder are also stored the logos and the extrafanart folder with fanart 0-10. The only pictures stored in Roaming\Kodi are the thumbnails. 

all the best
Uwe
@Holzfred - Im confused as well following these latest round of comments. I also dont understand why it is such a convoluted way of getting images displayed.. I have a special folder on the server like you. It is structured with 100s folders by Artist name and in those Artist's folders, it has the Artist Images (logo, clearart, banners, etc) and an ExtraFanart folder. In the ExtraFanArt folder, the Artist Slideshow plugin finds missing background images and dumps them into that server folder under the Artist. If the Artist Folder doesnt exist, it creates the relevant folders. However, my background image files do not get named fanart0, fanart1, etc. They get named by various filenames that the Artist Slideshow plugin downloads them by. Also, as like you in my local Kodi addon_data folder, I have nothing stored.

My slideshow under musicviz rotates through all images, for the artist, whether they are named fanart1, fanart2, etc or not.

I have noticed that there are several locations (various Kodi settings for when scraping, the Artist Slideshow addon, the music top menus) that you have to set the path to the "information" directory.

I also only scrape local, so I know when I scrape, it does get the clearart, logos, etc from this "information" directory for the Artists and my musoc folders have the relevant album art.

What I havent figured out is under the Musicviz, why is there an Artist Slideshow when the Slideshow seems to do the same thing (although I think the Artist slideshow only looks for files named fanart1, fanart2, fanart3, etc).
@RCBodyslam If you want to manually find artist images you can do that. You just need to manually create the right folders and put the images in there. A fallback folder is for the case where ArtistSlideshow/MetadataUtils can’t find images on the net and can’t find images in your folders, then it will display the images in your fallback folder. I have generic concert crowd photos in my fallback folder.
@Holzfred
@RB0135
The "SLIDESHOW" setting in music viz uses the Artist Slideshow add-on to display fanart. By default, the Artist Slideshow add-on downloads fanart images from fanart.tv or theaudiodb.com and saves them to Artist subfolders located at userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/ArtistSlideshow. You can change the "STORE ARTIST IMAGES IN" default location in the Artist Slideshow settings to use your Artist Information Folder. If you select that location, it does appear to look for images named fanart.jpg, fanart1.jpg, etc. in the Artist subfolders. However, if you select "Custom location" and choose your Artist Information folder, it will look in the extrafanart folder of each Artist for fanart images by default (image names do not matter). If you disable "USE EXTRAFANART FOLDER" it will look in the Artist folder and display all your images in that folder (clearart, clearlogo, fanart, etc.).
(2022-12-06, 01:09)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]@Holzfred
@RB0135
The "SLIDESHOW" setting in music viz uses the Artist Slideshow add-on to display fanart. By default, the Artist Slideshow add-on downloads fanart images from fanart.tv or theaudiodb.com and saves them to Artist subfolders located at userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/ArtistSlideshow. You can change the "STORE ARTIST IMAGES IN" default location in the Artist Slideshow settings to use your Artist Information Folder. If you select that location, it does appear to look for images named fanart.jpg, fanart1.jpg, etc. in the Artist subfolders. However, if you select "Custom location" and choose your Artist Information folder, it will look in the extrafanart folder of each Artist for fanart images by default (image names do not matter). If you disable "USE EXTRAFANART FOLDER" it will look in the Artist folder and display all your images in that folder (clearart, clearlogo, fanart, etc.).
Thanks @latts9923 - That is pretty much my setup and is working (not sure why @RCBodyslam wouldnt do this way as that would seem to solve his issues), BUT one question. What names the files Fanart1, fanart2, fanart3, etc... From your experience, should that be the Artist Slideshow Plugin that does the correct naming provided that "IF" as you mentioned, I disable "USE EXTRAFANART FOLDER" as with all my testing, if I disable that option, ArtistSlideShow Plugin still downloads missing artwork, saves it in the root level of the Artists folder, but still names them a random filename and hence, when I try and use Artist Slideshow in musicviz, then I find the artwork is not shown.
Hi Latts,

this all works fine and maybe you cannot follow my problem...

If I play a song like "David Guetta - Titanium" the viz takes the pictures, the logo and all from my destiantion \\server\informations\david guetta\titanium from server. Here is all fine.
If I play a song like " David Guetta feat. Sia - Titanium" the viz find the logo for CD and use only logo from him, the logo in the rigtht upper corner change between Guetta and Sia, but the pictures coming from Fallback and not from the folder \\server\informations\david guetta feat. Sia\titanium, what is also in the destiantion with all the fanart and extrafanart. For Guetta I have 10 different Artist-folders.

This is why I asked, which App makes the mistake... The Viz in the skin or the artist-slideshow... 

Anyway, its not a big problem for me, its only a nice to have... 

Uwe
@RB0135
If you disable "USE EXTRAFANART FOLDER", Artist Slideshow will download images to your Artist folder, but music viz will also display any other images that are in your Artist folder...like clearart and clearlogo.

@Holzfred
There's a setting in Artist Slideshow named "DISABLE SECONDARY AND FEATURED ARTIST IMAGES". Have you tried that?
Hi Latts,

I tried, but with no change...

Here you see, what I mean. The picture is one of the content in \informations\fallback

Music Viz

Regards Uwe
(2022-12-06, 02:23)RB0135 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-12-06, 01:09)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]@Holzfred
@RB0135
Thanks @latts9923 - That is pretty much my setup and is working (not sure why @RCBodyslam wouldnt do this way as that would seem to solve his issues), BUT one question. What names the files Fanart1, fanart2, fanart3, etc... From your experience, should that be the Artist Slideshow Plugin that does the correct naming provided that "IF" as you mentioned, I disable "USE EXTRAFANART FOLDER" as with all my testing, if I disable that option, ArtistSlideShow Plugin still downloads missing artwork, saves it in the root level of the Artists folder, but still names them a random filename and hence, when I try and use Artist Slideshow in musicviz, then I find the artwork is not shown.
I have an Artist Information folder set up.  It has folders for each artist and extrafanart folders with the artwork I've downloaded myself from Google images in it. Which I understand I need in order to see the my pics cycle thru the top right window in  Magazine 3-D and Shelf v2 which are the views I want to use. 

Sidenote: Am using an Amazon Fire TV Cube. Have my music files and Artist Information folder on an external hard drive.  Had to copy the AI folder to Cube internal storage and create extranfanart folders for each artist one at a time using onscreen keyboard which was a tedious pain in the ass. Had to copy and paste it ,  Kodi basically wouldn't let me use the folder on a hard drive, said it was read only. 

Anyhoo. Back to Artist Slideshow/music viz. I have a lot of artists that it only shows 2 or 3 different pics for. Some only have 1 or 2. I get tired of seeing the same ones repeat over and over again. I downloaded a bunch of different images for each act, so I could at least see them in my library.But...

I thought there was a way to see them in music viz too. But when I set it to show artist fanart or artist fanart + viewing , it only ever shows the first image. I assume because the images aren''t in the artist folder but the extrafanart folder. Which I need.

So is there a way to see my pics in both library view and the music viz? I mean without dicking around with my files and folders and moving stuff around cuz like I said, PITA. I'm done with that for now, lol.
(2022-12-06, 00:09)wags1 Wrote: [ -> ]@RCBodyslam If you want to manually find artist images you can do that. You just need to manually create the right folders and put the images in there. A fallback folder is for the case where ArtistSlideshow/MetadataUtils can’t find images on the net and can’t find images in your folders, then it will display the images in your fallback folder. I have generic concert crowd photos in my fallback folder.
I was looking to have it fallback to photos of the artist that is playing at the moment, not just one generic set of pics for whichever artist is playing. It sounds like it doesn't work the way I hoped it would, guess I misunderstood what it does.