Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is anyone else getting errors from "Skin Helper Service" and it causing errors with other service type addons?

Merry Christmas!
Hey Latts just wanted to say Thanks agian for all the time and effort you put into this project. Merry Christmas and have a bug free New Year ;-)
My all time favorite skin. Clean, classy, and just keeps getting better. Thank you and all involved for the work put into this. And the Videos really helped me with some Huh able steps till I watched it and had it explained like someone who uses it as a player for my media collection and not as a coding project. From one Lat to another. Keep it up.
I've had issues with Skin-Helper in Aeon skins and Confluence. Ever since I think 19.2. I'll let you know if MQ8 throws up any. Just loading up some of my Music so Let me try a few setups with that and I'll load some videos up and widget them to see. I don't use widgets and that seems to be when SH acts up.
Yes…the logos are in the Artist folder.
everything worked until the penultimate update 🤷🏻‍♂️
+1
(2022-12-25, 11:50)melons2 Wrote: [ -> ]Is anyone else getting errors from "Skin Helper Service" and it causing errors with other service type addons?

Merry Christmas!
Yeah, I get them all the time. Skin Helper Service Widgets too. I've also been getting random crashes when just browsing around Movies or TV section. Or when trying to stream using PKC. I never used to have issues, but I moved my install to a newer laptop when my other one started failing. A restart of Kodi usually gets me back going, but overall it just seems a whole lot more unstable than it used to.

But my main reason for posting is that I also seem to have lost the ability to use visualizations. I use the Spotify addon, which works. The visualizer(ProjectM or Milkdrop 2) used to start when the song started, but now the screen sort of "blinks" but stays on the same screen with album art/etc.

If I switch to the Estuary skin, the visualizer will work normally, so something somewhere got messed up with the skin or my install. I'm thinking about doing a totally new clean install of kodi/MQ8 when I have time, but hoping maybe there's a known issue or something I can do to fix it without reinstall.
@Lammoth
@wdilbert
I updated the music viz code to use Skin Helper to display the image/images from fanart.tv. The artist in your screenshot does not have a logo uploaded to fanart.tv. I will add code to all the music viz layouts to display the local clearlogo if fanart.tv is missing the image.

@Kodependent
I just tested Milkdrop 2 in music viz and it displays just fine for me.
@latts9923 

Hello,
I found some missing studio for tv show, if you are interested. Shudder, TMS entertainment and ORTF.

Thank you
Ok… i have solved the problem.
The logos in my artist folders named „logo.png“. I have renamed the logos in „clearlogo.png“. Nö it works…but only in musicview 3. The logos from fanart.tv don‘t show.
(2022-12-27, 14:49)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]@Kodependent
I just tested Milkdrop 2 in music viz and it displays just fine for me.
Thanks for checking. Turned out to be my bad. After some serious sleuthing, at some point I somehow changed one of the upper menu settings to show a background image instead of the "Viewing" setting that allows visualization. I don't remember doing that or why, but there ya go.

I'm still getting the odd crashing though and it seems like it may be due to something with the skin helper service errors I keep getting too. Will need to investigate further.
@latts9923 

Just wanted to stop in and say thanks.  You've done a fantastic job maintaining this skin.  It's by far the best in Kodi and have used it for years.  Do you accept donations?
@Skin helper error
Are you talking about the Shudder streaming service? There was an existing TMS Entertainment icon, but I updated the image. And I added ORTF.

@Lammoth
Glad you got the logos working. The next update will have more options to display the local clearlogo image in the music viz layouts.

@Kodependent
Glad you figured it out. I get a random crash every now and then as well.

@grimmace92
Howdy...and thanks for the kind words! Sure...follow the Youtube link in my signature. A donation link is available there.
@latts9923 
Hello,
yes that's right, Shudder streaming service. And thanks for the addition.
The tms entertainment, and ORTF are well recognized but the logo is not displayed on the box. Should I rescan the series??