Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2021-04-26, 22:26)Shredder_guitar Wrote: [ -> ]@latts9923  - The Artist Slideshow Addon is failing for me when pulling from your repo

2021-04-26 15:26:11.605 T:23324   ERROR <general>: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 404 for https://holybid.com/kodi/lattsrepo/maste...trix.1.zip:

2021-04-26 15:26:11.606 T:23324   ERROR <general>: CAddonInstallJob[script.artistslideshow]: failed to download special://home/addons/packages/script.artistslideshow-3.3.0 matrix.1.zip

I manually installed as a workaround

I’m using Artist Slideshow from the Kodi Add-on Repository.
@Shredder_guitar
I fixed the file name on my repo...thanks for letting me know! Like wags1 said...there is a newer version on the Kodi repo.
@Ambidex
@RB0135
I have a fix for the main menu artwork window. If you select Slideshow it will display the images downloaded by Artist Slideshow. If you select Artist Fanart and you have Extra Fanart enabled it should display Skin Helper Extra Fanart. If either is missing, it will display the local fanart image.
(2021-04-27, 03:08)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]@Ambidex
@RB0135
I have a fix for the main menu artwork window. If you select Slideshow it will display the images downloaded by Artist Slideshow. If you select Artist Fanart and you have Extra Fanart enabled it should display Skin Helper Extra Fanart. If either is missing, it will display the local fanart image.
Just to be clear, when you say 'main menu artwork window' you're talking about the red-circled window in my previous image right?

I ask because my issue was with the full screen music visualization background so I'm not sure if this change will fix what I'm seeing.  However I understand that you can't really fix it if you can't repo it.

Either way thanks for any and all fixes, I can test them when the next version comes out.

-----

I had a bit more feedback but didn't get a chance to post before you did.  I'll post anyways in case anything is useful.

1 - Music Visualization: up/down/left/right (next track / previous track / ...) controls usually don't work as expected in my scenario, I think it's related to disabling lyrics

I did repo this just now on my linux desktop.  I wonder if the reason I couldn't repo before was the artist I was trying.  I've also repo'd on two Shields (2017 and 2019 non-pros).

One thing I noticed is that when CU LRC Lyrics is enabled I sometimes still see the lyric lookup notification even when 'SHOW LYRICS' is disabled, they just never get displayed on the screen.

So it seems the lookup is still being performed, and I wonder if the issue I'm seeing is a side effect of that.  If so, tweaking the logic to skip the lookup altogether when 'SHOW LYRICS' is disabled might fix it.

2 - For some artists, extra fanart does not display in the music visualization but it does display when I'm in the artists menu or main menu.

@wags1 thanks for the idea, I tried a different layout and still hit it.  Also yes I'm hitting this when I go full screen into the music visualization (normally layout 2 for me).

@latts9923 I hit this black screen issue on both of my Shields.  My other shield is worse in that the 'red-circled' window is blank and I don't have background art cycling in the menus.  However that shield was accidentally auto-upgraded to Kodi 19 whereas my other shield and my linux desktop, both of which populate that window, were very recent full re-installs to Kodi 19.  I will do a full re-install on that other Shield since the upgrade was flaky in the beginning and I don't trust that everything upgraded 100% correctly.

For reference my settings are:

- ART dropdown -> 'EXTRA FANART'

- SETTING (VISUALIZATION WINDOW):
-- BACKGROUD IMAGE - ARTISTS FANART, ANIMATED - OFF
-- Show Furniture - ON
-- Hide after 10s - OFF
-- Hide when OSD - ON
-- SIMILAR ARTISTS - OFF
-- DISC ART - ALWAYS
-- SHOW LYRICS - OFF
-- SHOW NEXT TRACKS - OFF
@Ambidex
Yes, I fixed the window you circled from the main menu. You can disable CU LRC Lyrics by going to the add-on config and select Options > Display Lyrics Automatically. I'm still unable to reproduce the artwork problem in music viz.
@Ambidex I have been unable to reproduce your "up/down/left/right (next track / previous track / ...) controls" issue on either of my 2017 non-pro Nvidia Shields. What version of the CU LRC Lyrics add-on are you running (mine is 6.3.9)? Are you running a clean install of Matrix or is it an upgrade from Leia? If an upgrade have you gone thru and ensured that you don't have any incompatible add-ons still installed? I upgraded both my Shield to Matrix from Leia and had wonky things happen until I went thru and updated or deleted all the old incompatible add-ons that were still around. By chance are you running any keymaps (kodi/userdata/keymaps)?
Also, per Latts post above, I do have the option "Options > Display Lyrics Automatically" turned off.
(2021-04-27, 13:14)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]@Ambidex
Yes, I fixed the window you circled from the main menu. You can disable CU LRC Lyrics by going to the add-on config and select Options > Display Lyrics Automatically. I'm still unable to reproduce the artwork problem in music viz.

OK so a bit of an interim update.  I'll follow up later tonight.

I did a full re-install on that other shield twice now where I uninstall Kodi first.  The second is ongoing (music being scanned).  It's possible the fanart issue was due to me not following your steps 100% correctly but I'll follow up later (skin helper and extended info not installed before skin).

1 - First re-install - hit both issue - *didn't* install skin helper and extended info before skin

- I ended up being asked to install two addons immediately when switching to the skin (one was extended info, I forget the other).  There was some back and forth between those asks and the 'first switch 0 - 100% wheel' timing out before starting since I didn't hit yes right way.
- Immediately configure most Kodi and skin settings, installed more addons via the 'one shot' skin settings option (where you get asked one by one), install CU LRC lyrics
- Start scan of music share, sleep, come back to kodi not running and half scanned share.

-> Hit lyrics issue, hit fan art issue on a very popular artist that had been scanned in

2 - Second re-install - music scan in progress but fanart is displaying for that popular artist! - only installed your skin + CU LRC lyrics (followed your steps exactly for the skin), only set music visualization settings so far

- re-Install kodi
- install your repo
- install skin helper / extended info / CU LRC lyrics / skin from your repo in that order, switch to skin
- Go to Main Menu -> Music, get asked to install Embuary helper, install it
- Go to files and add music share, start scanning it in
- While music still scanning, go to Artists, configure music visualization settings, pick artist.
- These happened during the previous step, I forget the exact order:
-- Get asked to install record label icons white.  This installs fine.
-- Get asked to install Artists Slideshow.  This fails to install a dependency after a long time so likely timeout.  It then installed quick and fine from the Kodi repo.  I don't know where it tried install if from the first time.

While the music scan is still happening:
- fanart is displaying for the popular artist I tested before!
- main menu window is currently empty for that artist.
- hitting lyrics issue - I will just disable CU LRC lyrics since I don't really care about them.

- Update:
-- Shield slept, kodi stopped scanning part way through again.
-- fanart is now displaying in BOTH the main menu window and the visualization background!

Like I said I'll follow up later either tonight or tomorrow.  As I finish setting up kodi and the skin, I'll try to see if a particular setting is causing this.
@Ambidex What about the "up/down/left/right (next track / previous track / ...) controls" issue...or are you now referring to that as the "lyrics" issue?
(2021-04-27, 18:52)wags1 Wrote: [ -> ]@Ambidex What about the "up/down/left/right (next track / previous track / ...) controls" issue...or are you now referring to that as the "lyrics" issue?

Yes lyrics issue == the "up/down/left/right issue".  I'm sure it's related to lyrics since 1) disabling the lyrics addon itself resolves it, and 2) hitting the Shield's center button on the remote jumps to where the lyrics would be at that point.  So sometimes it jumps back a bit (I assume lyrics that move with the track), and sometimes I go back to the start of the track (I assume lyrics that don't advance).

I can also confirm that after the music finished being scanned in, that artist that was having issues before is still having issues.  The ones that were working during the scan still are.

I'll run some more tests later and I think I'll try poking around in the code myself if/when I can.  I do enjoy doing that it's just hard to find time.

I'm definitely not ruling out this being an issue with my setup so I'll focus there too (music share structure etc).  I also assumed skin issue at first but it could be another addon issue as well.  I don't really know how things are split since I've never looked at it.
@latts9923 I can confirm my black screen was due to a combination of my settings and the lack of any '<artist>/extrafanart/fanart<x>' files.  Again the settings are:

- ART dropdown -> 'EXTRA FANART'
- SETTING (VISUALIZATION WINDOW) -> BACKGROUD IMAGE - ARTISTS FANART

For this particular artist all I have is an '<artist>/fanart.jpg'.  I don't have an '<artist>/extrafanart' directory at all, nor any '<artist>/fanart<x>' files.

If I add '<artist>/fanart<x>' files I still get a black screen.

If I add '<artist>/extrafanart/fanart<x>' files they get displayed.

So from the sounds of it your 'For #2 fix here is the fix:
(2021-04-25, 13:59)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]@Ambidex
I do not see any problems on my end with the setup as you described on #1. For #2, I have a fix for the missing fanart when using extrafanart. When browsing artists or playing music, if you have "EXTRA FANART" enabled and it is missing for an artist, it will display the default fanart instead.

Thanks again for the work on this.  Keeping these skins alive is very much appreciated.
Still working on my initial 19 build (portable) I have managed to get some budget/DVD info to show up but it seems very flaky...like 1 out of every 15-20 or so will show information. I don't know how this addon works (as in what or were it pulls the info from...I imagine it's via API Key from one of the places that i entered it) , but my question is...does anyone else experience this inconsistency info displaying...or is it maybe something i don't have configured correctly?  

Just seems to be a crap chute If i get anything to display for a movie or not. 

not working

working

Movie Ratings are another thing.... I have always had an issue with this...and don't believe it's a skin issue. I use TMM for writing the NFO files and what TMM pulls in for movie ratings doesn't ever seem to agree with that's displayed....perhaps a separate conversation, but i prefer the data to be local and static in the NFO rather than pulling in from Kodi...TMM doesn't write the NFO (from what i can tell) in way that agree's with the ratings to be displayed
(2021-04-27, 13:14)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]@Ambidex
Related to that circled main menu window, do you know where they came from and if there's a way to make those images the music visualization background instead of my local fanart?

EDIT: Where they came from = what addon grabbed them not the site.  I'll try to figure this out later via debug logs.

It sounds like your fix will make the display match the config better which means I'd no longer see those images.  In a lot of cases those images are better than what I have currently have locally.

Thanks
(2021-04-28, 01:34)Shredder_guitar Wrote: [ -> ]Still working on my initial 19 build (portable) I have managed to get some budget/DVD info to show up but it seems very flaky...like 1 out of every 15-20 or so will show information. I don't know how this addon works (as in what or were it pulls the info from...I imagine it's via API Key from one of the places that i entered it) , but my question is...does anyone else experience this inconsistency info displaying...or is it maybe something i don't have configured correctly?  

Just seems to be a crap chute If i get anything to display for a movie or not. 

not working

working

Movie Ratings are another thing.... I have always had an issue with this...and don't believe it's a skin issue. I use TMM for writing the NFO files and what TMM pulls in for movie ratings doesn't ever seem to agree with that's displayed....perhaps a separate conversation, but i prefer the data to be local and static in the NFO rather than pulling in from Kodi...TMM doesn't write the NFO (from what i can tell) in way that agree's with the ratings to be displayed
Hi, my actor pictures are blank on the bottom, and the budget is not showing either..what do I need to change/configure? thanks
hello thanks for the awesome skin, I have a problem with my shield when I used smart list. There is no counter for movies.

(2021-04-28, 09:52)sweetspike Wrote: [ -> ]hello thanks for the awesome skin, I have a problem with my shield when I used smart list. There is no counter for movies.

Hi sweetspike! Did you add the movies to the library?
Greets
Klaus