Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On music View 6 & 7 , getting fanart where the album art should be, is therre a setting i may have bumped to change this? ....other views are ok 
Is there a way to display audio channels in movies, music etc... (bottom of the screen) in color?
@Jumpy73
I updated the link for the Colored Media Icons. I only have one link (my repo) for the Colored Media Icons. The other resource.image.XXX.zip files are linked in the first post as Colored Flag Add-ons. I have updated some of those with new icons in my repo. I'll go ahead and make them all available in my repo. Thanks for the suggestion.

@Shredder_guitar
I'll take a look at the code for views 6 & 7.

@andrzejls
You can access all the colored icon Add-ons in the first post of this thread...the link is named Colored Flag Add-ons. As stated above, I've updated some of these (you should see updates available if you have my repo installed) and I will move the rest to my repo so that you can access them all in one place. Once installed, you can enable them in Skin Settings.
(2022-01-20, 15:42)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ] 

@andrzejls
You can access all the colored icon Add-ons in the first post of this thread...the link is named Colored Flag Add-ons. As stated above, I've updated some of these (you should see updates available if you have my repo installed) and I will move the rest to my repo so that you can access them all in one place. Once installed, you can enable them in Skin Settings.
@latts9923 
Thanks for quick replay.  have them installed and in skin setting "icons and images" "audiocodec.color" and "audiochannels.color" are installed. I must be missing something. Which setting/add-on controls audio codecs (speaker icon, 5.1) color display?

Update:
I found the needed setting. It turns out that I needed to install "Media icons pack for AEON MQ 7-Coloured" in "ICONS AND IMAGES" "AUDIO:SUBTITLE". Go figure, MQ 7 addon for MQ 8.
Hi @latts9923 
I am having some troubles with the displaying of Studio icon in the Media bar (in some cases it is not even present in the movie details "Country/Genre/Studios") for some movies. I opened the <movie>.nfo file, checked the content in the video library using the "Library Editor Script" script and the decompiled content of the Texture.xbt file of the "resource.images.studios.coloured" resource. The name enclosed in the <studio> tag of .nfo file is the same one loaded in the video library and is also present in the Texture.xbt file. For the sake of scruple I also deleted the simplecache.db file and then restarted Kodi but nothing ... the study icon is not displayed even if it is present in the resource file!

There is definitely something wrong with the installation, sometimes Skin Helper Service (v1.1.40 MarcelVeldt) returns errors and in the kodi log there are many lines with the word "ERROR ...", for example "ERROR <general> : CImageLoader :: DoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for resource: //resource.images.studios.coloured/ "but I don't know if there is a correlation. This is getting too complicated for my skills!  Sad
If of interest for someone, please find here the kodi log. Hope this helps for eventually understanding the issue

I would really appreciate if you or someone else could point me in the right direction.

Thanks and regards
@Jumpy73 

The mentioned error in your log is caused by a missing studio image file when compared with the value in the Kodi database, where the name needs exactly equal to work. The only way to stop the error message is to create one art for each studio art missing in the texture package.
(2022-01-20, 20:05)Jumpy73 Wrote: [ -> ]If of interest for someone, please find here the kodi log. Hope this helps for eventually understanding the issue

script.module.metadatautils v1.0.38 installed
is old version, nneed to update on  version="1.0.45"
That version cousing isue with animated Art, and your log is full of that errors.

this error I don't understand
Code:
ERROR <general>: CImageLoader::DoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for resource://resource.images.studios.coloured/Marvel Studios.png
I see in your log that you have "resource.images.studios.coloured", look like you disable this resource addon.
Are you ?
(2022-01-20, 21:25)Angelinas Wrote: [ -> ]script.module.metadatautils v1.0.38 installed
is old version, nneed to update on  version="1.0.45"
That version cousing isue with animated Art, and your log is full of that errors.

I had installed version="1.0.38" from @latts9923 repo, now I've installed version="1.0.45" from @marcelveldt repo and the studios icons are displayed correctly.

A movie has "New Regency Productions" as studio. An icon with the same filename is not included in the current Texture.xbt file of the "resource.images.studios.coloured" resource. So I tried to directly add the file in the same directory of current Texture.xbt file but it doesn't work. How can I do it? (please see the screenshot)

(2022-01-20, 21:25)Angelinas Wrote: [ -> ]this error I don't understand

Code:
ERROR <general>: CImageLoader::DoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for resource://resource.images.studios.coloured/Marvel Studios.png
I see in your log that you have "resource.images.studios.coloured", look like you disable this resource addon.
Are you ?

No, the "resource.images.studios.coloured" resource addon is enabled, or it appears to be in such a way (please see the screenshot)

Anyway I don't understand these errors too

Code:
ERROR <general>: CImageLoader::DoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for resource://resource.images.moviegenrefanart.panel/3 Days to Kill.jpg
ERROR <general>: CImageLoader::DoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for resource://resource.images.moviegenrefanart.panel/Avengers - Collezione.jpg

Why does kodi have to try to load an image file named <movie name>.jpg or <movie set name>.jpg for moviegenrefanart purposes?

Please find here the new kodi log after the before mentioned modifications. It appear to me that many errors on "resource.images.xxx" addons still remain into the kodi log
(2022-01-21, 00:38)Jumpy73 Wrote: [ -> ]I had installed version="1.0.38" from @latts9923 repo, now I've installed version="1.0.45" from @marcelveldt repo and the studios icons are displayed correctly.

A movie has "New Regency Productions" as studio. An icon with the same filename is not included in the current Texture.xbt file of the "resource.images.studios.coloured" resource. So I tried to directly add the file in the same directory of current Texture.xbt file but it doesn't work. How can I do it? (please see the screenshot)
Now you have problem with cach image....for that "New Regency Productions" image is empty in your Thumbnails folder or db
(2022-01-21, 00:38)Jumpy73 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyway I don't understand these errors too

Code:
ERROR <general>: CImageLoader::DoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for resource://resource.images.moviegenrefanart.panel/3 Days to Kill.jpg
ERROR <general>: CImageLoader::DoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for resource://resource.images.moviegenrefanart.panel/Avengers - Collezione.jpg

Why does kodi have to try to load an image file named <movie name>.jpg or <movie set name>.jpg for moviegenrefanart purposes?
Code:
        <!--* Genre Fanart *-->
        <control type="image">
            <left>$PARAM[left]</left>
            <top>$PARAM[top]</top>
            <width>$PARAM[width]</width>
            <height>$PARAM[height]</height>
            <include condition="Skin.HasSetting(keepaspect)">KeepAspect</include>
            <texture>$INFO[Skin.String(resource.images.moviegenrefanart.path)]$INFO[ListItem.Label,,.jpg]</texture>
            <include>animation_panscan</include>
            <visible>![Container.Content(seasons) |  Container.Content(episodes)] + [!Player.HasVideo | Player.HasVideo + !Skin.HasSetting(background_live)] + $PARAM[visible] + [Window.IsActive(videos) + String.IsEqual(skin.string(videogenrefanart),genre)]</visible>
        </control>
This is bad visible condition....
(2022-01-21, 01:27)Angelinas Wrote: [ -> ]Now you have problem with cach image....for that "New Regency Productions" image is empty in your Thumbnails folder or db
How can I solve it?
(2022-01-21, 01:27)Angelinas Wrote: [ -> ]
Code:
        <!--* Genre Fanart *-->
        <control type="image">
            <top>$PARAM[top]</top>
            <texture>$INFO[Skin.String(resource.images.moviegenrefanart.path)]$INFO[ListItem.Label,,.jpg]</texture>
            <visible>![Container.Content(seasons) |  Container.Content(episodes)] + [!Player.HasVideo | Player.HasVideo + !Skin.HasSetting(background_live)] + $PARAM[visible] + [Window.IsActive(videos) + String.IsEqual(skin.string(videogenrefanart),genre)]</visible>
        </control>
What can I do? I suppose nothing from my side
Anyway something wrong is critic for kodi stability because it often crashes without an apparent reason
(2022-01-21, 01:43)Jumpy73 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-01-21, 01:27)Angelinas Wrote: [ -> ]Now you have problem with cach image....for that "New Regency Productions" image is empty in your Thumbnails folder or db
How can I solve it?
(2022-01-21, 01:27)Angelinas Wrote: [ -> ]
Code:
        <!--* Genre Fanart *-->
        <control type="image">
            <top>$PARAM[top]</top>
        </control>
What can I do? I suppose nothing from my side
Anyway something wrong is critic for kodi stability because it often crashes without an apparent reason
@'Jumpy73"
If you run Windows use "SQLyog" software or if you run Lunux "DBeaver". Connect to your kodi MyVideos119.db. Open "movie" table find your movie that you are missing studio info. If it is not there just type studio name. Open "studio" table and check that studio name is there, if not add new row and add studio name. This will work if the studio name.png is in Textures.xbt. Fill in studio name, save database and restart kodi.
(2022-01-21, 02:29)andrzejls Wrote: [ -> ]@'Jumpy73"
If you run Windows use "SQLyog" software or if you run Lunux "DBeaver". Connect to your kodi MyVideos119.db. Open "movie" table find your movie that you are missing studio info. If it is not there just type studio name. Open "studio" table and check that studio name is there, if not add new row and add studio name. This will work if the studio name.png is in Textures.xbt. Fill in studio name, save database and restart kodi.

Hi @andrzejls
for doing what you suggest do I have to follow the instructions as below?
   - MySQL/Setting up MySQL (install & setup a MySQLserver for granting access to Kodi)
   - MySQL/Setting up Kodi (connect kodi to MySQLserver at kodi startup)
   - Direct Connection using MySQL C API (install & setup SQLyog client for directly connecting to MyVideos119.db internal library database)
Is it correct? or
Do you have in mind something else for directly connect SQLyog client to MyVideos119.db kodi database?
In the last case do you know where I can find an "how-to" procedure for doing that?

Regards
(2022-01-21, 11:17)Jumpy73 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-01-21, 02:29)andrzejls Wrote: [ -> ]@'Jumpy73"

Hi @andrzejls
for doing what you suggest do I have to follow the instructions as below?
   - MySQL/Setting up MySQL (install & setup a MySQLserver for granting access to Kodi)
   - MySQL/Setting up Kodi (connect kodi to MySQLserver at kodi startup)
   - Direct Connection using MySQL C API (install & setup SQLyog client for directly connecting to MyVideos119.db internal library database)
Is it correct? or
Do you have in mind something else for directly connect SQLyog client to MyVideos119.db kodi database?
In the last case do you know where I can find an "how-to" procedure for doing that?

Regards
Yes, you need to go through all 3 steps to set-up access to database.
I noticed that in MOVIES "Information" screen "Country" field in some movies is showing US flag and in some is empty. I did some digging and found out that movie information provider "THE MOVIE DATABASE PYTHON" creates entry in MyVideos119 database table "movie" column "c21" for the Country. When only 1 (one) Country is listed than Movie Information screen Country field is showing the flag of that Country. When multiple countries ("United Kingdom / United States of America" for instance) are listed in the c21 column then Country field in Movies Information screen is empty.
latts9923, could this be fixed?.
@Shredder_guitar
I fixed the problem with the album cover not displaying for layout 6 & 7.

@andrzejls
When I added the audio/subtitle flags to MQ 8 I kept the code from MQ 7 that uses the Colored Media Icons. There's really no need though when the Colored Audiochannels for MQ 8 has the required icons. I can look at changing the code to use that Add-on instead.

@Jumpy73
@Angelinas
I fixed the code for Genre Fanart. Thanks Angelinas for finding that!

@andrzejls
I have a fix for the Country Flag not displaying when there are multiple countries in the database. It will be part of the next update.