Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2022-01-27, 23:19)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]@andrzejls
There is an "appletv" icon in the studio Add-ons, but "appletvplus" should only display in the videocodec flag.

"appletv" nor "Apple TV+" nor "Apple TV" icon will not show when I use your "Studio Icons Color" v. 0.0.27 but "Paramount+" will. When I switch to "Studio Icons Color" v. 0.0.20 (Kodi) then proper icon for "Apple TV+" is shown but "Paramount+"  nor "Paramount+ (US)" will not.
This is a weird one. Has anybody heard of this happening? I'm running this skin on an Amazon Fire Cube Tv. Did a fresh install of Kodi 19.3. Have my movies in a folder on external hard drive. Scanned my movie folder into the Kodi Library. When I did, I noticed that the Extra fanart only cycled between two different movies. Then I saw a had a folder on my hard drive labelled extra fanart that Kodi apparently scanned into my collection but it WASN'T in my movie folder, was  separate from it on my hard drive.. yet Kodi scanned it anyway. Is that normal?
@latts9923 I created a new Kodi profile to do some testing. While doing that I ended up having to cycle thru the Main Menu Bar Style setting. That bug where it switches everything to the batman theme is still there. I thought you had fixed that issue. Thankfully I hade a copy of the guisettings file saved away that I could restore...just a heads up.
It looks like installing the Library Editor add-on erases your studio icons and movie information in detail view although it keeps the ratings in that view.  Has happened to me twice, on two different devices, with MQ8 mod on 19.3 and I can't get them back, even after uninstalling the addon and clearing rhe cache.
@andrzejls
The Textures file for v0.0.27 has the file "apple tv.png". I extracted the "apple tv+.png" image from v0.0.20 on the official Kodi repo and added it to the colored and white studio Add-ons. I'll push those out to my repo as soon as I can.

@RCBodyslam
I don't know how an extrafanart folder was scanned without that folder being in the Movie folder that was scanned.

What in the world? I've never had the Library Editor Add-on make any database changes by just installing it. I'll have to do some testing and see if I can reproduce your problem.

@wags1
Yeah, I posted a warning on the update post when I first added the Batman components to the Skin. I need to post that warning on the first post of this thread in case folks have never seen it.
@latts9923 Yeah, it's totally weird it would scan that folder. It had some old Kodi artwork I wanted to replace but not delete, so I just moved it from individual movie folders and transferred it to a new folder I created on my hard drive along with other ones..  And the studio icons  and movie detail info disappeared after I installed the Library Data Provider, not Editor, sorry, my bad. But they repopulated an hour or so after I uninstalled it and restarted Kodi.
(2022-01-28, 23:23)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]@wags1
Yeah, I posted a warning on the update post when I first added the Batman components to the Skin. I need to post that warning on the first post of this thread in case folks have never seen it.
@latts9923 I guess their is no easy way to fix it? As it is it makes it so you really can't change the bar style since you have to click thru the styles in one direction so once you start you have to click all the way thru to get back to where you were. You can't change and then get back to where you were without triggering the problem.
@wags1
No, not unless I change the code to only change to the Batman menu bar when it's selected. I can do that...not a problem.
Quick follow-up on the issue I was trying to solve concerning getting all the imaging to display when listening to music, both streaming and local, using Layout 7. After playing with another profile, and many other things to locate and solve the issue…and basically pulling my hair out for over a week…🤣 I finally located and solved the problem. In the metadata and artwork module (metadatautils) settings, in the “Music Artwork” section, I had the first 3 toggles turned on. Once I turned off the second toggle (Lookup artwork in my music folders) everything started to work perfectly.

So net:

“Enable online scraper” - on
“Lookup in my music folders (library)” - off
“Lookup artwork in a custom folder” - on
“Path to custom folder” - pointing to where my music files are (I keep all my images for cdart, banners, etc. in the Artist folders in my music directory).

Honestly it never dawned on me that having that second toggle (“Lookup in my music folders (library)”) toggled to on would have caused the problem with the images I was experiencing. Suppose I just really didn’t understand exactly how those toggles functioned.

Update - Forgot to mention that it also works better if I turn off use audiodb, even though I have a paid audiodb api key.
@wags1
I'm going to have to take a look at those settings. Isn't the custom folder you selected the same location as the folder you imported into your Music library?
@latts9923 Yes, it’s the location of all my music files. I do use multiple Kodi instances on multiple Nvidia Shield so that file is on my Synology NAS. I also use a MariaDB database on the same NAS for my music and video library DBs.
Regarding the last two posts...what if the Artist_Information folder is separate?  I'm wondering if this has been what's been causing me music setup challenges also....

My structure is like...
.\Music\
.\Music\Artist Information\ <---artwork only for artists only
.\Music\Artists\ <---Music files with disc,thumb,side,back art for CD's artwork
.\Music\Compilations\ <---Music files with disc,thumb,side,back art for CD's artwork
.\Music\Lyrics\
.\Music\Soundtracks\ <---Music files with disc,thumb,side,back art for CD's artwork
@Shredder_guitar AFAIK and based on how I read the documentation, for music the file structure itself is not really that important, correct tagging is the key. And again, according to the documentation, you can/should have a separate artist information folder. Full disclosure, I do not have a separate artist information folder but have my artist information inside the individual artist subdirectories. I started that way and it seems to work fine so never bothered to change it.
hi again @latts9923 i need help for kodi on w10 please. The scraper puts wrong studio names on 3 of my movies and those studio icons aren't inside the Texture.xbt anyway so the studio icon not displayed in media bar, instead different studios appear in the mkv file (not the ones which the scraper puts) and these icons are inside the Texture.xbt file, so I edited the c18 table and studio of MyVideos119 to put the corresponding studios. I also deleted simplecache.db and restarted kodi, it worked and everything was perfect! until the next kodi restart and library update, the scraper put the same wrong studio names back, and again it doesn't show the studio icons in media bar. What am I doing wrong or How do I fix this issue? Thanks in advance.
@wags1  yeah, that was my interpretation of it also....something has always seemed not quite right about it though...just one of those things.... it looks right.....seems right...but still doesn't feel right. The idea for me behind setting my music up the way i did was that i would pull artwork assets in via scraper and save them to later recall the same artwork in the event that i needed to rebuild the DB without having to rescrape. I had a situation a few days ago where i needed to do that, but the local artwork would NOT populate...still don't know why...fortunately i was able to restore from a backup and all cached images have returned, but makes me think i don't have this set up right....still. 

Regarding tagging, I overhauled my music a year ago or so using beets.io .....f*cking amazing program...the learning curve is pretty steep compared to picard...but once you create your config file (recommend doing it yourself, don't copy someone else's, but perhaps use someone elses for reference...that way you know exactly what's happening)  it's a pretty great program for automatically managing music.