Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2022-02-17, 23:40)Jumpy73 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,
something surreal happened to me ...
I accidentally selected one of the Netflix items as a widget for the Movie item of main menu bar. It constantly asks me for the Authentication Code / userId and pwd and I can't get it back even forcing the shutdown of kodi. When I restart it praise remember that I associated that widget and the story starts over Sad

Do any of you know how to get out of that loop and edit widgets?
Thanks in advance  Nerd

Edit: Solved
I modified ...Kodi\userdata\addon_data\skin.aeonmq8.matrix.mod/settings.xml as follow
From
Code:
<setting id="menu1.widgets" type="string">addon.netflixrecomended</setting>
<setting id="menu1.widgetsstatus" type="string">Netflix - RECOMMENDED</setting>
to
Code:
<setting id="menu1.widgets" type="string"></setting>
<setting id="menu1.widgetsstatus" type="string"></setting>
I don't know if the same behaviour happens to someone else but, just in case, the solution above can be useful even for other ones  Nerd
My animatedposter.gif's stopped working.  I have the option enabled on the skin and it's grabbing it but the gif doesn't animate anymore.  It's just a static poster.  Anyone ever have this issue?  It's every skin too.  I did a frsh install and started from scratch and nothing seems to get it working
Artist logo on shelf v2 view is 1 off until pressing "up" on the keyboard, then down ...then it updates

Seeing this error after updating metadatautils to the latest.... I'm actually having a lot of issues that i didn't have before updating the artwork module and metadata utils ...the error below and another error has come up using the new tvdb(new) scraper where it's refing a 'tvdbsimple' module......also I just had to restore 2 triggers in the musicdb because it seems that when running a library cleanup that the triggers were blown away....i can't prove now that updating the modules are related...but it's the only major change i have done. 

Code:
2022-02-19 13:27:32.819 T:104504 WARNING <general>: Skin Helper Service --> Exception details: Type: UnboundLocalError Value: local variable 'adb_album' referenced before assignment Traceback: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "D:\Kodi\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\listitem_monitor.py", line 309, in set_listitem_details
                                                       details = self.metadatautils.extend_dict(details, self.metadatautils.get_music_artwork(
                                                     File "D:\Kodi\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.module.metadatautils\lib\metadatautils.py", line 57, in get_music_artwork
                                                       return self.musicart.get_music_artwork(
                                                     File "D:\Kodi\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.module.metadatautils\lib\helpers\musicartwork.py", line 53, in get_music_artwork
                                                       album_details = self.get_album_metadata(album_artist, album, track, disc,
                                                     File "D:\Kodi\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.module.metadatautils\lib\helpers\musicartwork.py", line 292, in get_album_metadata
                                                       details = extend_dict(details, self.audiodb.album_info(artist, adb_album))
                                                   UnboundLocalError: local variable 'adb_album' referenced before assignment
Hi @latts9923

I've finally finished the my movie/tv show library cleaning, it took some time but it was worth it  Blush

During my work I understood which studio icons  are not available in the relative resource folder and even how some skin procedures work...

if I can I would like to highlight to you some points as below:
 - in order to be compliant with the suggested folder structure and naming convention (par. 5 Split Video Files) for multi-part movies in kodi wiki, the condition argument for the variables "mediatype",  "mediatype_osd" and "widgets_mediatype" in IncludesVariables.xml file could be modified as follow:
xml:
<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.dvd) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.ifo,Right) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.iso,Right)">$VAR[videocodec_path]dvd.png</value>
<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.hddvd)">$VAR[videocodec_path]hddvd.png</value>
(please apply the modified rule to all the other conditions you consider to be modified accordingly)

- I decided to use in Main bar for some menus a video smart-playlist. It seems working well except for, even if the option SETTINGS/SKIN SETTINGS/MAIN MENU/SHOW SUBWIDGETS is enabled, the subwidgets menu. It isn't displayed with smart-playlist. Is this behaviour as aspcted or not?

- Is it possible to add some studio icons into the relative Texture.xbt file? If yes, please find here the icon files I have found for purpose

- I see that the mpaa rating icons for France are already available in resource.images.mpaa.color Textures.xbt file. Which are the mpaa strings I have to use in movies/tv shows .nfo files for using them?

- I have found a different behaviour in the management of mpaa rating strings, even if apparently the same in the syntax
xml:
<mpaa>US: TV-MA</mpaa> it works, <mpaa>US: TV-14</mpaa> it doesn't work => <mpaa>TV-MA</mpaa> and <mpaa>TV-14</mpaa> they work
<mpaa>IT: VM14</mpaa> it doesn't work => <mpaa>VM14</mpaa> it works
Which is a sintax rule to apply to mpaa rating strings that can be used in the same way for all movies/tv shows?
Probably I may consider to modifiy all mpaa rating strings in each .nfo file and delete the country code, always if doing so an equal mpaa rating string is used in different countries requiring different mpaa icons

I hope you will appreciate the considerations I have done and that I have mentioned above.

Many many thanks
@Jumpy73
I will try and reproduce this Netflix problem you reported.

Yeah, I have already made those changes to "dvd" and "hddvd" for the next update. Thanks though!

I know you can clone the submenu to new menu items, but I don't think you can clone the subwidgets.

Thanks for the new studio icons. I'll do some tweaking in Photoshop and add them to the next update. I might have to find another version of rizzoli film...it's a bit grainy.

You can use the country in the MPAA if you'd like. I can update the code for the ratings. The reason "US: TV-14" is not currently working is because the code is looking for an exact match of "TV-14".

@grimmace92
What OS are you using? The animatedposter is working for me on Windows.

@Shredder_guitar
I have a fix for the clearlogo in the jewel box for Shelf3D. Thanks for reporting that!

You might report that SHS error to Angelinas on the Skin Helper thread.
(2022-02-22, 01:43)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ] 

@grimmace92
What OS are you using? The animatedposter is working for me on Windows.

Thanks.  I wound up doing a reinstall.  I'm using osmc on a Vero 4k.  I was trying to switch from fstab to straight nfs through Kodi and it messed up my library.  I'm back in business now.  I have a question on smart playlists.  Is there a way for the count of movies at the top left of the screen to use the counts for the playlist when viewing one?  I created a smart playlist and the counts didn't change.  It still shows the full counts of the entire library instead of what is in the smart playlist.
@grimmace92 +1 and following this. 
I would also like to be able to have playlist counts to be relevant for the current playlist

best
(2022-02-22, 01:43)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the new studio icons. I'll do some tweaking in Photoshop and add them to the next update. I might have to find another version of rizzoli film...it's a bit grainy.
many thanks
(2022-02-22, 01:43)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]@Jumpy73
You can use the country in the MPAA if you'd like. I can update the code for the ratings. The reason "US: TV-14" is not currently working is because the code is looking for an exact match of "TV-14".
On the basis of the United States, I can expect:
- Italy -->
xml:
<mpaa>IT: T / T</mpaa>, <mpaa>IT: VM6 / VM6</mpaa>, <mpaa>IT: VM14 / VM14</mpaa>, <mpaa>IT: VM18 / VM18</mpaa>
- France -->
xml:
<mpaa>FR: TP / TP</mpaa>, <mpaa>FR: -10/-10</mpaa>, <mpaa>FR: -12 / -12</mpaa>, <mpaa>FR: -16 / -16</mpaa>, <mpaa>FR: -18 / -18</mpaa>
 is it right? or if not, which is the rule you coded into the skin and I have to follow?
@latts9923  Thank you sir, I will do that
@grimmace92
@thesabear
The playlist numbers display if you add a smart playlist as a menu bar listing, but I'm not sure how to show this info in the top info bar while browsing a smart playlist.

@Jumpy73
I have updated the text options to display Italy and France MPAA icons. They are as follows...

Italy
  • T / IT: T / Rated T / Rated: T
  • VM6 / IT: VM6 / Rated VM6 / Rated: VM6
  • VM14 / IT: VM14 / Rated VM14 / Rated: VM14
  • VM18 / IT: VM18 / Rated VM18 / Rated: VM18

France
  • TP / FR: TP / FR:TP / France:TP / Rated TP / Rated: TP / U, FR: U / FR:U / France:U / Rated U / Rated: U
  • -10 / FR: -10 / FR:-10 / France:-10 / Rated 10 / Rated -10 / Rated: -10
  • -12 / FR: -12 / FR:-12 / France:-12 / Rated 12 / Rated -12 / Rated: -12
  • -16 / FR: -16 / FR:-16 / France:-16 / Rated 16 / Rated -16 / Rated: -16
  • -18 / FR: -18 / FR:-18 / France:-18 / Rated 18 / Rated -18 / Rated: -18
(2022-02-23, 19:50)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]@Jumpy73
I have updated the text options to display Italy and France MPAA icons.

Hi @latts9923 many thanks for your work
(2022-02-23, 19:50)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]@grimmace92
@thesabear
The playlist numbers display if you add a smart playlist as a menu bar listing, but I'm not sure how to show this info in the top info bar while browsing a smart playlist.

Thanks.  I tried this and the counts don't appear on the menu bar.  I went into skin settings and changed the concerts menu bar listing to one of the smart playlists.  It appears on the menu bar but the Movies and unwatched counts are blank
(2022-02-24, 08:26)grimmace92 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks.  I tried this and the counts don't appear on the menu bar.  I went into skin settings and changed the concerts menu bar listing to one of the smart playlists.  It appears on the menu bar but the Movies and unwatched counts are blank

I've some smart-playlists (movies or tv shows as media type) in some menu bar listing and the counts appear. They are not the same as the counts information without playlists (i.e. watched movies count is missing with smart-playlist listing or tv shows counts are the same as movies counts) but the counts, with the limitations mentioned before, are anyway populated (please see here an example with tv show menu bar)

Edit: I use smart-playlist even for customizing widget view and it works. As per linked screenshot, the widget returns the same listing used for tv shows but with the addition of a "no watched" condition
Hi @latts9923 When I delete a logo, there is no fallback to text as title. When was never a logo, text as title will be shown.

@grimmace92
I'm not sure why the numbers are not displaying for you. I tried this with Movies and Music Videos and they both display just fine.

@Jumpy73
I'll have to try and figure out a way to display Movies/TV Shows/Music Video labels depending on what playlist is added to the Main Menu.

@halidri
I have a fix for the text not displaying when the clearlogo is missing.